Cleaning Jobs At Clients House: Are They Safe?

I have applied for a few cleaning positions online

I applied for positions that are at the clients house.

My question: I am a little apprehensive about safety.

One guy, sounded like a senior, a man; I am to go over for an interview on Monday.

Well.... I am worried that he could be a rapist or murderer!

Any suggestions?:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am not finding any customer service positions in retail nor can I find even the most basic food serve job.

Hence why I am looking for cleaning positons.

I am going to go back and study next year and need ay extra cash on the side. I like to keep fit so am very happy that these are active jobs.

....Remember, I cannot just "find another type of job".

I am DESPERATE. I am not having any luck with food serve or the most shabby jobs.

Citizen Erased

Don't you live near Sydney?

My arse there are no retail or hospitality jobs. Any excuse to not actually put your plans into action.

• Author
Don't you live near Sydney?

My arse there are no retail or hospitality jobs. Any excuse to not actually put your plans into action.

I live an hour away from Sydney.

There ARE no retail jobs on the central coast. Only Christmas casual postions, and I already have one for the month around Christmas.

After that, the job finishes, and I will be jobless.

And I WANT to work - it is NOT an excuse.

I want to work DESPERATELY.

I DO NOT want to be a student with no job.

How dare you assume I have an aversion to work - I WANT to work badly.

• Author

I have been online looking for every single job opportunity that comes up in retail and hospitality.

People around me say I am good with people and they are stunned I cannot get a job. They are professional, normal people making that observation.

I am just extremely unlucky with finding work.

The only jobs I could get are Christmas casual work, and since I already have a Christmas casual position, I cannot have more than one; because I would get called in two both jobs at the same time, and constantly be letting one of them down.

I tried it last year and had two employers screaming on the phone to me, asking me to come in both at once. It is not nice.

So, short of Christmas casual positions, there are NO retail or hospitality positions where I live.

I will look in Sydney and Newcaslte after the X mas period ends and there are non X mas casual positions.

todreaminblue
I have been online looking for every single job opportunity that comes up in retail and hospitality.

People around me say I am good with people and they are stunned I cannot get a job. They are professional, normal people making that observation.

I am just extremely unlucky with finding work.

The only jobs I could get are Christmas casual work, and since I already have a Christmas casual position, I cannot have more than one; because I would get called in two both jobs at the same time, and constantly be letting one of them down.

I tried it last year and had two employers screaming on the phone to me, asking me to come in both at once. It is not nice.

So, short of Christmas casual positions, there are NO retail or hospitality positions where I live.

I will look in Sydney and Newcaslte after the X mas period ends and there are non X mas casual positions.

My oldest daughter just told em she applied for cleaning jobs....adn i would be concerned for her safety and probably the safety of the guy who tried anything on her.....one of my friends worked for a cleaning company i think the protection with using an agency to do cleaning work is probably better as long as you have transportation and your own gear and cleaning fluids(sopmetimes th ehouses hav evacs and mops etc but you have to hav eyour own workign for a company..... i dont live in sydney i am an aussie though check out spotless cleaning........or absolute domestics i am pretty sure they are nation wide my friend used to make about 80 90 dollars day.......i babysat her kids while she worked....childcare was unaffordable fro her.......i was affordable....and safe........anyway tangent girl at it again sorry.....back to topic...

if you want to go self employed cleaning hook up with a buddy cleaner......someone like you who wants to make extra money......even advertise for a female bud.......its a lot safer twice as many houses you can clean in same amount of time.......that it takes to clean one you can do two......it works out......lol i struggle with my own house ......i wish you much luck and ammonia.....deb

My friend had a job like this about 10 years ago. She had it through an agency though and I think they checked out all of the clients to make sure they weren't psychos. I probably would feel safe answering personal ads for a cleaning service myself.....Then again I watch way to many crime shows.....

Do you have any friends working anywhere that could help you get a job where they work?

• Like 1

What happened with your job at Subway that was supposed to start immediately?

There are better ways of getting a housekeeping job than showing up at a strange dude's house for an interview. Go through an agency, at least.

You can also apply for housekeeping positions at hotels, hospitals, office buildings, schools, etc.

Personal clients' houses? :confused: Surely there are cleaning jobs that are part of an establishment - restaurant, office, mall, cleaning agency, hotel? Why would you go for 'personal' ones? Where are you looking for these jobs?

• Author

Chaucer - OMG, so the manager told me to go online, to do the online training, and that I would then come in and start work.

...She never bothered sending me the online training.

I will go in ONCE to see if she is still interested. If not, I am looking hard for more work.

She really annoyed me, telling me I had a job, only to not bother. Does she KNOW what it is like not working, and not having that freedome to buy things?

• Author

And I never went to that guys house, he sounded like an A - hole.

I am, however, going to help a nice sounding lady do a spring clean tomorrow, for 18 dollars an hour.

I am catching a train early in the morning for 1.5 hours ( I love reading so it aint a big deal!)

She is picking me up at the station so I do not even have to find her house.

She sounded really nice, so nothing to worry about this time.

• Author
I don't usually do this for people, but here's some links I looked up for you: this and this

Wow thanks, I am going to check them out NOW.

And as well as the cleaning job I have tomorrow, I have an interview for a full time job at a restaurant tomorrow afternoon too, that is very close to where I live.

Man, I SO hope I get it this time.......

I missed out on a few jobs the last 2 months.

• Author

I am looking on gumtree, and Seek.com so far.

There are only really cleaning jobs on gumtree.

Elswyth - good website, I have to figure out how to type in jobs for my area, which I won't disclose.

Those areas were too far away, but thanks, I will use the website to locate closer jobs.

But right now I need to go for a run and get to bed.

I have an ealy start tomorrow, helping the nice lady do a spring clean.

At least my first client sounds nice hahaha, and apparently all the respondentds sounded like "idiots"

When I called, she was like " omg, everyone has sounded like idiots, thanks god you called" hahaaha.

Does she KNOW what it is like not working, and not having that freedome to buy things?

lol. Leigh, please tell me that you were making a joke when you posted this.

Anyway, yes, call the Subway lady and politely tell her that you haven't received the training materials yet and ask her to send them again.

Good luck with your upcoming interview.

• Author
lol. Leigh, please tell me that you were making a joke when you posted this.

Anyway, yes, call the Subway lady and politely tell her that you haven't received the training materials yet and ask her to send them again.

Good luck with your upcoming interview.

I never said it was a hardship, but I bloody hate not having extra money to spend on anything besides food and transport.

Sorry, that is not the sort of life I want to live. Hence why I am going back to finish my degree. So I can get a decent paying job.

And yes she really hurt me, how she got my hopes up!

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR OVER A YEAR.

...and I FINALLY think I have a job at subway, a little extra cash so I can study in peace, with the hope of some overseas travel in the remainder of my 20's...

Then bam, she is too lazy and inconsicderate to call me to follow it up, leaving my hopes dashed.

DO you have any IDEA how much I have wanted to travel? I have dreams about travelling most nights.

I have had the travel bug since before age 10. I HATE the prospect of a life without travel.

...So when some lady tells me I have a job and a means TO travel, I obviousl go from totally elated, to totally devastated when I learn I HAVE NO bloody job lol.

• Author
re: Subway; you were supposed to complete online training but never received the link to the site via email. Yet, you haven't followed up with the manager to advise you didn't receive the link? That's the problem right there.

Assuming the manager was too lazy to send you the materials is a very negative way of looking at things. Emails don't arrive on a regular basis. Or got into the spam folder. The email addy could have been mistyped. Any number of things. But bottom line, as the person who wants the job, it is YOUR responsibility to follow up. The manager probably has a number of qualified applicants to choose from. She has no need to chase you down.

ETA: I once hired a woman who was quite young and didn't have experience in my field because she was so persistant and showed me how much she wanted to work for me and learn what I do. I was getting ready to place an ad for an assistant but hadn't yet. Hers was a cold call to my company. She turned out to be quite a valuable employee. Motivation and follow through go a long way.

Wow, I thought I would seam like a stalker if I persisted.

I have called ONCE to ask her about it; an employee asked her about it, and the manager told her to tell me that "she would send the deetails out soon"

I live around the corner and NEED THAT JOB so badly!

I will pop in tomorrow! I will be dressed in job interview clothes from my interviews tomorrow that I have, anyway.