LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2012, 5:37 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
Well I wasn't expecting this at all. What a shocking and sad ending to the weekend.

I got a call around 4pm when I went to the store from the woman who was going to interview me on Wednesday saying that she wants to change the time to 12pm. Then she left another message saying that she will get back to me in regards to the scheduling of the interview and to call her

So no f*cking interview, and here I scheduled a haircut for tomorrow which I;m about to cancel. And I was about to start preparing for the interview and to get that message was such a big let down.

The fact that is 4:32pm on a friday means she probably left and then is how I enter the weekend. So pissed off right now
Don't get too overworked. The fact that she still wants to talk to you says they are still interested. She didn't just call and say "I'll get back to you". Call her and leave a message.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 5:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
Don't get too overworked. The fact that she still wants to talk to you says they are still interested. She didn't just call and say "I'll get back to you". Call her and leave a message.

Well just she called back before she went out the door and stated that she wants to interview me a second time with the Director and that will be on Thursday or Friday because that's the days the director is on site.

So I gave her my cell number and will look to hear from her sometime next week.

I still have to cancel the haircut because there is no set date.
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 9:09 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
I just reported you for harassment
That question was not any form of harassment; it was a legitimate question.

Seriously, Dude, you need to take a chill-pill or something. Getting royally pissed off when a woman calls to reschedule the interview? This does not bode well for being a well-minded employee...
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 9:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieT View Post
That question was not any form of harassment; it was a legitimate question.

Seriously, Dude, you need to take a chill-pill or something. Getting royally pissed off when a woman calls to reschedule the interview? This does not bode well for being a well-minded employee...
If I ignored the question to avoid a argument and it's asked again then that means the person is trolling.

And I was pissed before she called back because I thought I had a scheduled interview. I wasn't sure whether that was a creative way of saying I don't need to come in but I ended up finding out that wasn't the case.
Old 12th October 2012, 9:31 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
If I ignored the question to avoid a argument and it's asked again then that means the person is trolling.

And I was pissed before she called back because I thought I had a scheduled interview. I wasn't sure whether that was a creative way of saying I don't need to come in but I ended up finding out that wasn't the case.
That's awful. How many of her calls did you miss? Too bad you weren't able to talk to her and get more information. Now you have to sit in limbo. Have you lined up any other job interviews?
Ginger Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 9:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Grant View Post
That's awful. How many of her calls did you miss? Too bad you weren't able to talk to her and get more information. Now you have to sit in limbo. Have you lined up any other job interviews?
Well she called at 4pm and I was out and when I heard the messages the 1st one said the interview would be pushed back to 12pm. Then the second message said disregard the 1st message and she will contact me back

So I called back and left a message for her to call me and she called at 4:55pm before she left to let me know it will be on Thursday or Friday because she wants to interview me with the Director and those are the only days the director is on sight. So before I hung up I also gave my cell number in addition to my main number to contact me back next week to schedule.

So the good thing was getting in touch with her before the day ended

The Bad thing was like you said and have to sit around and wait to be contacted
Old 12th October 2012, 9:54 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
No - it is asked again because you didn't respond and it was a legitimate question.

Quote:
You get awfully angry and little things. Welcome to the corporate world; schedules change ALL THE TIME and not being fluid with someone else's schedule is not a good sign. Nothing to get pissed about - be glad you still have an interview.
Old 12th October 2012, 10:13 PM   #38

Quote:
No - it is asked again because you didn't respond and it was a legitimate question.

You get awfully angry and little things. Welcome to the corporate world; schedules change ALL THE TIME and not being fluid with someone else's schedule is not a good sign. Nothing to get pissed about - be glad you still have an interview.

I don't have a interview yet since I have to wait for a call back to be scheduled.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:05 PM   #39
Established Member

Quote:
I don't have a interview yet since I have to wait for a call back to be scheduled.
You are missing my point that it is nothing to get pissed about...
Old 12th October 2012, 11:55 PM   #40

Quote:
You are missing my point that it is nothing to get pissed about...
Ok I was annoyed that I was scheduled for a interview and then have it rescheduled and no set date today.

If that happened on a Wednesday, I would be cool because It would be 2 days left in the week. I don't like a week ending like this because it falls into the "unproductive category"
Old 13th October 2012, 2:30 AM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Ok I was annoyed that I was scheduled for a interview and then have it rescheduled and no set date today.

If that happened on a Wednesday, I would be cool because It would be 2 days left in the week. I don't like a week ending like this because it falls into the "unproductive category"
Whatever, Dude...

Welcome to Life and the joys of unemployment.
Old 13th October 2012, 2:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Whatever, Dude...

Welcome to Life and the joys of unemployment.

The annoyance has wore off since I created this thread 7 hours ago. Just going to try and enjoy the weekend and be up at 9am on Monday with both phones on so I can be available.
Old 13th October 2012, 4:17 AM   #43
Established Member

You weren't by any chance getting a haircut when you missed those phone calls, were you?
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 3:21 PM   #44
Established Member

Quote:
The annoyance has wore off since I created this thread 7 hours ago. Just going to try and enjoy the weekend and be up at 9am on Monday with both phones on so I can be available.
Why can't you forward your home phone to ring to your cell phone so you won't miss a call if you happen to leave the house?
Ginger Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 3:47 PM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Grant View Post
Why can't you forward your home phone to ring to your cell phone so you won't miss a call if you happen to leave the house?
Or, why isn't your cell phone listed on your resume? In this day-and-age, there is no excuse for missing phone calls...