LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2013, 8:03 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiberty View Post
Hopefully you'll be there for many years, and not just 180 days. Do you like the job?

I don't like having my own office because I had gotten so used to talk to my coworkers during the day. Now I;m back in isolation lol
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 8:07 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
I don't like having my own office because I had gotten so used to talk to my coworkers during the day. Now I;m back in isolation lol
Maybe you'll get more accomplished in your own office, no? Do you keep your door open?
MissLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 8:09 PM   #198

Quote:
Maybe you'll get more accomplished in your own office, no? Do you keep your door open?

Yes, door is always open. The only person who can close their office door is a BOSS. lol

Are you in the job development/job counseling field?
Old 4th January 2013, 8:20 PM   #199

Quote:
Yes, door is always open. The only person who can close their office door is a BOSS. lol

Are you in the job development/job counseling field?
Oh, I thought you were the BOSS. lol

No, I don't work in the same field as you, but it must be very interesting.
Old 4th January 2013, 8:21 PM   #200

Quote:
Oh, I thought you were the BOSS. lol

No, I don't work in the same field as you, but it must be very interesting.

Oh I thought you worked in the same field as me when you was asking about job placement quotas
Old 4th January 2013, 9:24 PM   #201

Quote:
Oh I thought you worked in the same field as me when you was asking about job placement quotas
No, but a friend of mine is a case worker, and she is extremely busy. Do you have a large case load? I'll bet it's crazy, with so many people looking for work. Do you work with a certain population?
Old 4th January 2013, 9:30 PM   #202

Quote:
No, but a friend of mine is a case worker, and she is extremely busy. Do you have a large case load? I'll bet it's crazy, with so many people looking for work. Do you work with a certain population?

I work with seniors and the caseload is about a 100 total
Old 5th January 2013, 12:17 AM   #203
Established Member

Quote:
You are lucky to have your own office. At my workplace, none of us even have cubicles and all our desks are right next to one another. Of course our boss has his own office, but the rest of us have no privacy whatsoever. Be glad!
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 12:20 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
You are lucky to have your own office. At my workplace, none of us even have cubicles and all our desks are right next to one another. Of course our boss has his own office, but the rest of us have no privacy whatsoever. Be glad!
That was the exact setup for my last job and I enjoyed it. That's why we became so close and ended up planning a trip to a amusement park together
Old 5th January 2013, 12:23 AM   #205
Established Member

Quote:
That was the exact setup for my last job and I enjoyed it. That's why we became so close and ended up planning a trip to a amusement park together
Well, we aren't allowed to talk to one another unless it's work related, so it doesn't make a difference for us. *shrugs* We usually have to wait until he goes on vacation or leaves the office to chat. Lame, but oh well.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 12:25 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
Well, we aren't allowed to talk to one another unless it's work related, so it doesn't make a difference for us. *shrugs* We usually have to wait until he goes on vacation or leaves the office to chat. Lame, but oh well.

Well I guess in that situation it would be rough because we were allowed to talk to each other while working.

I can't even imagine being that close and can't talk to someone