LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Is 3 Business days too long if a employer is interested?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2012, 3:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieT View Post
Stop being such a wuss!

Rejection is part of the job-seeking process. I've been unemployed twice this year and have literally been on 20+ interviews for jobs I did not get. And now I have two offers. In that regard, it IS just like online dating (for me anyway) where I went on a lot of first dates.

Softening the blow? Puleeeeezze. It is business - not a girlfriend.

Why are you making such a big deal about the potential of a rejection? You really need a thicker skin when it comes to this stuff; especially if you've been unemployed this long!

About to call the lady now only because a got a call from the agency asking can I start this week but it will be moved to next Monday. So I am about to call now and find out where I am in the hiring process.
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 3:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
Yes the position I was being interviewed for was Job Counselor and she wanted me to write her a sample case note
You applied for a position as a job counselor? As in, counseling others how to get jobs??
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 3:32 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
You applied for a position as a job counselor? As in, counseling others how to get jobs??
I know !?!?!?!?
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 3:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post

Not as a job search expert, more of a supportive type of service where I provide tips on resumes and cover letters and provide interview advice.
Old 1st October 2012, 3:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Not as a job search expert, more of a supportive type of service where I provide tips on resumes and cover letters and provide interview advice.
Right. I am still perplexed. VERY perplexed!
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 3:57 PM   #36

Give the guy a break. I find his methods perfectly normal and rational. While he may not be an expert in the post-interview process, obviously they're going to give him training before throwing him out there to advise people.
MilitantPacifist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 3:58 PM   #37
Established Member

I think this may be a case of doctors making the worst patients.

Anyway, PhillyDude, it's great that you've got some good news from one interview experience. Hopefully, the other one is positive and you have two offers to choose from.
january2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 4:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by january2011 View Post
I think this may be a case of doctors making the worst patients.

Anyway, PhillyDude, it's great that you've got some good news from one interview experience. Hopefully, the other one is positive and you have two offers to choose from.
The company connected to the temp agency wants me to start this wed and I am stilling waiting on feedback from a permanent position I really want. I called and left a message and sent a email to find out a update on the hiring process.
Old 1st October 2012, 4:12 PM   #39
Established Member

Quote:
Just do not tell them to tell the employer they need an additional week to get a haircut and a pair of pants before starting the job....kidding OP, good luck though.

In this economy, you don't want to pass up an offer while waiting for another. You may or may not hear back from that other company while the current offer you have slips through your fingers.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 4:20 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
Just do not tell them to tell the employer they need an additional week to get a haircut and a pair of pants before starting the job....kidding OP, good luck though.

In this economy, you don't want to pass up an offer while waiting for another. You may or may not hear back from that other company while the current offer you have slips through your fingers.
I just don't like the aggression of the woman at the agency. First of all she calls this afternoon and said the company wants to know can I start tomorrow or wednesdsay? I figured they chose someone else because after not hearing anything on Friday. Didn't think they would have me start on a tuesday

So i called and left a message for the woman i interviewed with at another company last Tuesday. So if she calls me and wants me to come back in for another interview today or tomorrow, I will call the agency and let them know I can't start until next monday
Old 1st October 2012, 4:20 PM   #41
Established Member

I am assuming where you live is an At-Will state so start the job on Wednesday and if the other job comes through, then great. You quit the agency job for the one you really want.

What's the big deal?
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 4:24 PM   #42

Quote:
I am assuming where you live is an At-Will state so start the job on Wednesday and if the other job comes through, then great. You quit the agency job for the one you really want.

What's the big deal?

If I were to get a call for a second interview tomorrow, it makes sense to tell the agency that I won't be able to accept the position. Because it's no point in them waiting and waiting for me to start when they can chose someone else
Old 1st October 2012, 4:49 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:

What's the big deal?
I agree. Take the job for now. See what happens.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 4:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
I agree. Take the job for now. See what happens.
Just got off the phone with the lady from the agency and she was like..."So can you start wednesday? I was like...."I still don't know and in the process of finalizing things"

Then she says......."Do you really want a job?" HUH?????????

Isn't it obvious I have other things pending?-lol I told her that I will give her a answer tomorrow morning because she leaves at 5pm and wanted to know before she left out
Old 1st October 2012, 5:01 PM   #45

IMO you should take the job that they're offering you. That's why she asked "Do you really want a job?" because you're waffling on that.

Any job in this economy is worth taking.

Just make sure you make it clear that if the other company makes an offer, you'd prefer that job.
MilitantPacifist is offline   Reply With Quote