Another interview today

I was scheduled for 10am and she told me she had a meeting scheduled so we talked for 30 minutes. The interview had a nice flow and lots of back and forth and when she had to leave for her meeting she wanted me to give her a writing sample and leave it on her desk. Then mentioned bringing me back again for another interview.

She offered her business card without me asking for it and while I was writing the sample I can hear her in the meeting talking about me to her staff about where I used to work. And I started rushing to finish the sample because I didn't want to hear any of that. lol Then when she stepped out the meeting she saw me still writing and smiled again and said..."still writing huh?"

So this interview feels more positive than the previous two I had last week because of me overhearing her discussing me in the meeting.

The only downside is if she called me to come back for a second interview I will have to buy another suit because I only have 1 right now. I wouldn't want to wear the same suit with a different color shirt. So I guess I will see what happened the rest of the week. Not sure how many more opportunities I will have after this interview with only October left because no company is hiring in November and December

Are you able to wear a polo shirt and khakis to this type of job interview? Or does it have to be a suit? A lot of times a button down dress shirt and slacks will work fine.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sounds all positive. Its good that you heard them talking about you. That means they are considering employing you. A second interview is good. Instead of wasting money on another suit, by a different color shirt and tie wear different color socks. Save $

I wasn't sure if it would look crazy to walk in with the same suit but a different color shirt.

• Author
Are you able to wear a polo shirt and khakis to this type of job interview? Or does it have to be a suit? A lot of times a button down dress shirt and slacks will work fine.

No it has to be a suit. And I was thinking I may have to buy a new suit whivh cost $275 for someone my size, 6'5 and 255.

I wasn't sure if it would look crazy to walk in with the same suit but a different color shirt.

You're unemployed. I don't think they expect you to have a large extensive wardrobe prior to starting the job.

• Like 1

It feels strange, and you will need time to go through a lot of clothes, but there are great clothes to be found there. I was surprised how clean they were except for one shirt that smelled like cheap perfume. The rest felt and smelled perfect.

I was scheduled for 10am and she told me she had a meeting scheduled so we talked for 30 minutes. The interview had a nice flow and lots of back and forth and when she had to leave for her meeting she wanted me to give her a writing sample and leave it on her desk. Then mentioned bringing me back again for another interview.

She offered her business card without me asking for it and while I was writing the sample I can hear her in the meeting talking about me to her staff about where I used to work. And I started rushing to finish the sample because I didn't want to hear any of that. lol Then when she stepped out the meeting she saw me still writing and smiled again and said..."still writing huh?"

So this interview feels more positive than the previous two I had last week because of me overhearing her discussing me in the meeting.

The only downside is if she called me to come back for a second interview I will have to buy another suit because I only have 1 right now. I wouldn't want to wear the same suit with a different color shirt. So I guess I will see what happened the rest of the week. Not sure how many more opportunities I will have after this interview with only October left because no company is hiring in November and December

• Like 1
  • Author
It feels strange, and you will need time to go through a lot of clothes, but there are great clothes to be found there. I was surprised how clean they were except for one shirt that smelled like cheap perfume. The rest felt and smelled perfect.

Appreciate your advice but I don't do the goodwill thing

Appreciate your advice but I don't do the goodwill thing

Than you are foolish.

Seriously.

Don't go and buy a second suit. Truthfully, whomever is interviewing will NOT notice the difference. A different colored shirt and tie will suffice.

• Like 1
  • Author
Than you are foolish.

Seriously.

Don't go and buy a second suit. Truthfully, whomever is interviewing will NOT notice the difference. A different colored shirt and tie will suffice.

Yeah maybe you are right, I just figured i needed a different color suit if I was meeting with the same person.

But I haven't heard from her anyway so I maybe talking about all of this for no reason. I know it's only Thursday and the Interview was Tuesday but I just feel that if I don't hear anything by close of business tomorrow then it maybe over.

BTW: I have another interview in 2 hours and was hoping to head to that interview after receiving a call from the place I went to on Tuesday so I could be in a better position.

On the Goodwill thing - here is an example of your foolishness...

Several years ago, when I was quite hard-up for cash, I would haunt the Goodwill on a daily basis, buying $2.00 jeans and $5.00 business suits. And then I would turn them around on eBay for ten and twenty-times what I paid for them - sometimes more.

I once found a men's Armani suit for $24.00 that I sold on eBay for $2,500 - and it was probably worth more than that.

A lot of rich people give away expensive clothes for tax right-offs. Granted, you have to be picky and look at the quality of what you are buying, but I have an amazing wardrobe of designer labels, 80% of which was had at the Goodwill.

• Like 1

This is a good point. My stepdad got his suit at goodwill for my wedding and walking me down the aisle for $15!!! And it was a pretty decent looking suit!