My Supervisor Drinks on the Job

I know she does and it bothers me. I hadn't any proof (other than smelling it in her office) but just now found a bottle in a bag that she tried to throw away near my office. I also believe she's been leaving work (taking extra long breaks) and bringing it back to the office. She's not a very pleasant person, rude to most everybody, lazy, etc.

I work in a place where there are a lot of cameras, code keys to get in and out of doors and I'm afraid If i don't turn it in or if I get caught trying to get rid of it, well, I really dont want to have to deal with this, But this should not be going on and people have asked me why she leaves and other employees suspect it and gossip and, well, the evidence is in my hands. I dont want to cover for terrible behavior.

:(

Did you observe her throwing the bottle away or are you guessing?

As far as cameras around the office, wouldn't the same cameras pick up her action of throwing away the bottle?

Either way, turn in the bottle. If they ask you and you observed her throwing it away, tell them the truth since it's verifiable by camera. If you didn't see her throw it away, then that's what you say and if management cares enough, they'll look into it by searching security tapes.

• Author

thanks for the advice. I did not see her no, but smelled it on her earlier and it's just in the air, ya know? you can't not notice it. People gossip about her leaving too, they suspect it.

*funny thing is, a co-worker of mine just admitted to me minutes ago that he went to our big boss and told her about this supervisor before (about suspecting that she's drinking) and that she didn't look into it. this was 2 months ago.

Edited by whalen