winebrens21

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice :) I graduated college a year ago with a business degree, and I got a job as a receptionist at a small company last October here in Florida. I hate it so much, and dont' like the work environment at all (depresses me). I literally stare at a wall all day with very little interacation from other employees. It upsets me very much and dread going to work the next day. I am thinking about quitting so I can focus on finding a job I like more, because it is so hard to do interviews while employed. what would you all do?

What tier of school is your degree from? How did your previous job search/interview go? Why did you accept this receptionist position.

Many factors come into play. That being said, my philosophy is to never stay in a job you hate.

Can you sustain your existence if an offer requires 6 months?

You can always start looking around for other jobs while you are still employed.

This is what you must do. You can't just leave without another job, that makes you look unreliable and someone who has no resilience.

Most places allow you to take a half day off and you can make up some ongoing story that requires you to do that from time to time.

You look MUCH more valuable to prospective employers if you are currently employed. In fact, the filters probably kick out people who aren't employed.

HumptyDumpty

Yeah, I'd do the same. Stay but look however elsewhere. It's a must, for me in any case, in order to keep paying my bills and food you see?

You'll come across smarter as well, since it's ugly when you quit a job... for what reason? :/ In this case, you came across this business through a friend for example or hearing about their success, you'd like to offer your service and knowledge for them... It's always hard so don't quit just yet!

A plus: the wall will be prettier when you have a goal and motivation! ;)