How far can you get, in the corporate world, on looks alone?

Stupid Girl

I don't want to make this personal just yet, but I'm interested in other people's thoughts/experiences.

Mme. Chaucer

I don't think that looks ALONE can get you even a foot in the door!

Looks combined with other valued traits can put you in a better position than the person who has the other traits but not the looks.

But looks alone? Nada! Can you imagine? What if the gorgeous person can't speak properly? Says things like "What was you doing?" (Someone said that to me the other day and I am still flabbergasted over it.) Or has no skill set whatsoever for the job? Or presents him/herself like they are going to a nightclub from "Jersey Shore" at an important meeting?

Mme. Chaucer
Model, and maybe one of those pretty girls that assists the host in gameshows?

Are those positions considered to be in the "corporate world," though?

Mme. Chaucer
A receptionist or the trophy wife or mistress of a CEO.

I don't think that looks alone will make a receptionist, at least not one who lasts more than a day or two, if she lacks etiquette and speaks like a hillbilly. Or chews gum loudly, or any number of things.

Really, looks alone only works for a job where … you are only supposed to be looked at.

I don't think that looks alone will make a receptionist, at least not one who lasts more than a day or two, if she lacks etiquette and speaks like a hillbilly. Or chews gum loudly, or any number of things.

Really, looks alone only works for a job where … you are only supposed to be looked at.

I suppose I was giving that type of woman too much credit.

Back to the kitchen you women go.:p

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

Kitchen? Does that mean we're expected to prepare food??

Mme. Chaucer

Listen, buddy, I can't prepare food on my good looks alone.

now that's it.:mad:

You are a feminazi and all you women are the same. boo-hoo

Almond_Joy

Unfortunately, depending on the company, they can get you pretty damn far.

I've witnessed firsthand people that look fabulous and are utterly incompetent being held accountable for the administration of an entire region/unit for a company and getting paid 6-figure salaries for their crappy work. Simply because they project a great image and know how to schmooze.

A huge pet peeve for me.

Model, and maybe one of those pretty girls that assists the host in gameshows?

Are those positions considered to be in the "corporate world," though?

Maybe she could be a booth-babe - an attractive woman who is hired to stand at a company's booth at a trade show and attract men, so then the real sales guys can swoop in and give the company pitch once the targets are snagged. That could be considered "in the corporate world..."