LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

What % of women wear makeup to work?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Established Member

What % of women wear makeup to work?

Office Job...men and women working there...Makeup is defined as ALL of the following:

1) Eye Liner
2) Eye Shadow
3) Cover Up
4) Concealer
5) Lip Liner
6) Lipstick

I noticed in my office that NONE of the women wear makeup every day, and only 1 or 2 girls wear it occasionally. Is this more the norm in offices or is WEARING makeup more the norm? I always assumed ALL women wore makeup to work growing up and while in college and stuff.

So, in conclusion, using ALL of the above makeup as the standard, what % of women wear all that to work in an office setting?
chucksagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 5:48 PM   #2
Established Member

lip liner?

You don't have to wear all of that stuff to be wearing make up. I wear (daily):

concealer, powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lip gloss.

so I don't fulfill your list but that is a full face of make up (not looking all made up!) so... ??? Blush should DEF be included in a make up routine!!! and you didn't list it. but mentioned lip liner. lol. I don't get it.
veggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 5:54 PM   #3
Established Member

I think lots of women wear makeup to work, especially in an office..

But why the heck would you assume that ALL women wear a full faced of makeup to college everyday? What would the point of that even be? It'd be like an undergrad guy wearing a full suit to college everyday. Kinda useless and out of place.

I only know ONE undergrad student who wears makeup to college everyday, and it always boggled me why she would. Most undergrads I know go to college in tees and jeans, not a full face of makeup.

Also, your makeup list is fairly strange. I don't even wear makeup most of the time, but that is definitely NOT the standard list...
Old 3rd April 2012, 6:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksagent View Post
Office Job...men and women working there...Makeup is defined as ALL of the following:

1) Eye Liner
2) Eye Shadow
3) Cover Up
4) Concealer
5) Lip Liner
6) Lipstick
Since when is the definition of makeup wearing ALL of the above?

If applied correctly, a man shouldn't even be able to tell if a woman is wearing foundation, concealer or lip liner.

I wear makeup (MY definition) to work every day, but it doesn't include everything on your arbitrary list.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 6:08 PM   #5
Established Member

I think most women wear makeup to work, but they don't wear everything you included in your list. On a typical day, I apply foundation, eye shadow, and lip gloss.

By the way, the women you think aren't wearing any makeup...they probably are. It's just so minimal that you don't notice. If you see a woman who has perfect skin, she's probably wearing foundation.
Cypress25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 7:04 PM   #6
Established Member

I agree that is a strange list. I haven't owned lip liner since the 90s.

I wear:

foundation
powder
eye shadow
mascara
lipstick

No need for concealer, and eye liner makes my eyes look small, so I skip it.
pteromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 9:39 AM   #7
Established Member

I honestly just made that list based on what I thought women wore...Lol...I have no clue what women wear. I just recalled that little pencil thingy women draw around their lips and then fill it in with lipstick. And that dark line that jots out above the eye line (maybe that's eye liner I don't know)....It wasn't a list I KNOW anyone uses, I was just trying to think. Something even is simple as lip stick though, I don't seem to see it on as many women as I used to. Unless it's VERY light lipstick. But, every once and a while, I WILL see a co-worker with lipstick on and I can tell right away. Which makes me believe I CAN spot it and it's not as common as it used to be. You're probably 100% right about foundation and concealer though because of little blemishes and such.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Established Member

I hardly ever wear makeup and definitely not to the office. Sometimes when we have visitors I will put on some lipstick and eye liner but that's getting rarer too. What is your interest, OP? Just curious?
serialgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 3:41 PM   #9
Established Member

I've just noticed recently that there is no ryhme or reason...some women wear a ton, some non, some a little bit...I always thought it was universal.
Old 4th April 2012, 4:13 PM   #10

I wear a very minimal amount of makeup normally, including to the office when I had an office job. Just mascara. Sometimes eyeliner. If I go out to someplace special, I might put on lipstick as well. Rarely wear eye shadow or anything else.
KathyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 4:49 PM   #11

Quote:
I've just noticed recently that there is no ryhme or reason...some women wear a ton, some non, some a little bit...I always thought it was universal.
Really??
Show me one thing that is universal when it comes to humans. Just one.
Professor X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 4:51 PM   #12
Established Member

I wear 0% makeup 100% of the time. But I do use lotion and chapstick.
Old 4th April 2012, 6:59 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Nope, it totally depends on a woman's personality, her lifestyle, and what she needs. Some women just don't like wearing makeup. I can hardly blame them. It is kind of a hassle and it can be time-consuming. If I'm running late in the morning, I have a choice: I can skip the makeup or I can be late to work.

Most women don't need a ton of makeup. My friend has great skin, so she doesn't even need foundation. But she wears mascara because she thinks her eyes look too small without it. I usually wear foundation because my skin is kinda blotchy, but I never wear blush because I have a natural redness in my cheeks. In fact, I use foundation to cover it up, but a little bit still shows through.
Cypress25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 7:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Nothing is universal about all women. In fact, nothing is universal even within the same woman.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 7:17 PM   #15

Quote:

1) Eye Liner
2) Eye Shadow
3) Cover Up
4) Concealer
5) Lip Liner
6) Lipstick

I noticed in my office that NONE of the women wear makeup every day, and only 1 or 2 girls wear it occasionally. Is this more the norm in offices or is WEARING makeup more the norm? I always assumed ALL women wore makeup to work growing up and while in college and stuff.

So, in conclusion, using ALL of the above makeup as the standard, what % of women wear all that to work in an office setting?
4% do.

10. 10% of women wear all that makeup. Definitely 20%. 90% is the right number. Or at least 75%.

I think it's 55%. Or 60. Right around in there.

18%.

51%, for sure.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote