LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

should I have male clients or only female?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2012, 1:59 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Oh and attornies as an example don't tell me you've never seen a mens divorce law firm...
SPECIALIZING in something particular to one gender is not the same as EXCLUDING the other gender.

If you make it known that you specialize in representing men in divorce and custody proceedings, women naturally won't want to come to you and won't. That's quite different from outright refusing to do business with women.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Only a fool would go to an attorney for such a small matter. She could just ask the orinization that licenses her profession for the word on the issue.
Actually, only a fool would open themselves up to such obvious litigation without speaking with a licensed attorney for guidance. Further, ignorance of the law is no defense.
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:06 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
Actually, only a fool would open themselves up to such obvious litigation without speaking with a licensed attorney for guidance. Further, ignorance of the law is no defense.
Only a fool would pay an attorney for advice you can get for free and codified in writing from your local business bureau or trade union.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:13 AM   #34

Quote:
Only a fool would pay an attorney for advice you can get for free and codified in writing from your local business bureau or trade union.
Hmm. Then why are you WRONG about the law?
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
Hmm. Then why are you WRONG about the law?
I'm not you're arguing something different then what I'm saying. I'm saying she can, you're saying she can't... beyond that we're having very different conversations.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 3:32 AM   #36

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
Oh you two.... get a room.... give each other a soothing shoulder-rub....!
TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:04 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe_justmarried View Post
thanks tara that sounds good i will try a male receptionist i was not going to even have a receptionist before you said that because it was more a home business and i thought i could answer phones for it instead
Since it's more of a home business, why don't you have a separate line for your business, and just screen your calls? Have your husband record the voicemail in the following format:

"Thank you for calling (insert name of your business here). Please leave your name, phone number, and your preferred massage course of 30, 45, or 60 minutes and we will call back as soon as possible to discuss your appointment time."

If they're serious client prospects, they'll leave a number regardless of the man on the voicemail. The "preferred course" line is of course optional, but I figured that might be something that would help you schedule your appointments. My beautician often does that; when I call her I let her know what I exactly need so she knows whether to schedule me for a hour slot or if the services I need would take longer.
shorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 2:27 PM   #38

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty7 View Post
Since it's more of a home business, why don't you have a separate line for your business, and just screen your calls? Have your husband record the voicemail in the following format:

"Thank you for calling (insert name of your business here). Please leave your name, phone number, and your preferred massage course of 30, 45, or 60 minutes and we will call back as soon as possible to discuss your appointment time."

If they're serious client prospects, they'll leave a number regardless of the man on the voicemail. The "preferred course" line is of course optional, but I figured that might be something that would help you schedule your appointments. My beautician often does that; when I call her I let her know what I exactly need so she knows whether to schedule me for a hour slot or if the services I need would take longer.
This is all in all a brilliant idea. in the message I would include something like:

"Please note that if this is your first appointment, you should allow one hour in order to assess your general health, medical history and any ailments or complications which might affect your treatments."
That would leave them in no doubt that you are a serious therapist.

Back in the day when i was practising, having a second line would have been a problem, but now I wouldn't hesitate. Good one, shorty7.
TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote