How much interest is too much in a Letter of Interest?

I'm in the process of applying to a job I really, really want. I mean seriously, really want. Unfortunately, like every other job these days, it's completely an on-line process. I interview well but just never seem to get any actual chance to show myself or talk to anyone when applying for a job.

When applying for a job you really want rather than a job you're just curious about, how much interest is too interest? Should you be honest in your increased interest in the position or is that, in some sick way, a way of marketing yourself right out of consideration?

florence of suburbia

I would just be specific and focus on what about the job interests you and what you would bring to the position. That way you're unlikely to seem overeager. If you're vague and fawning, yes that would be a problem.

KRYTIE!! :bunny::love:

I think expressing sincere interest, even great interest, is preferable over acting like you could take it or leave it. Perhaps explaining why you want this specific position over all others out there? That's pretty much what I did with my current job - which is pretty much my dream job. I basically said, "I've been waiting 8 years to find an available position just like this one, and this is why."

They said they had a huge pool of equally qualified candidates, but it was my attitude as reflected in my cover letter as well as my eagerness to take on this particular gig that sold them on me.

I was already employed though, and also made it clear that I would not leave my current gig for anything but the position I was applying for.