Female asked to go for job interview at random males home address?

Hi all

Title says it all really.

I sent my CV into a world wide company who are very well known. The boss contacted me almost right away saying he wanted an interview. He is out of town at the moment so said he would get one of his casual contractors to contact me for an interview.

This casual contractor called and sounded very legit but set the interview at his home address which is out of town in quite an isolated place. I have never met this person before and while im sure he is legimite is it strange that a twenty something year old female is going for an interview at a mans place she has never met?

The company has offices in town, but if he is a casual worker then maybe he doesnt have access to them?

Now that I am off the phone to him and have set an interview time it has occured to me how strange this is for a professional company. I want to move the interview to an office or maybe a cafe or some public place but how do I bring this up without greatly offending them and probably losing my job chances?

Thanks so much!

"Walter, I am so sorry, but I am unable to make that time. Do you think we could reschedule for that afternoon, say at 2:30 at the Starbucks on 34rd?"

In no way should you go to a stranger's home for an interview.

And a company that would be offended by you bringing up this fact is not a company you want to work for.

Ask why you can't meet at the local offices or suggest a mutually-convenient cafe in public. If they push back, then gently decline their offer for an interview. If they are legit, it will show them that you are careful, forward-thinking, and intelligent.

And a company that would be offended by you bringing up this fact is not a company you want to work for.

Ask why you can't meet at the local offices or suggest a mutually-convenient cafe in public. If they push back, then gently decline their offer for an interview. If they are legit, it will show them that you are careful, forward-thinking, and intelligent.

I second every word of this.

UpDownAllAround

I third every word of this as well. Don't do it if they won't budge on that. There are other jobs.

Don't go to the interview - or if you do go, take a friend with you, preferably a large male friend. It's probably perfectly innocent, but you can't be 100% sure. Definitely don't go to a stranger's house by yourself.

I agree with what Lucky One said - just reschedule the interview for another time in a public place. It's perfectly legitimate to explain that you have personal safety concerns about going to a stranger's house and would prefer to meet in a public place; any decent man will understand that. Men often don't realize that women may be concerned about their safety, because as a man they don't have those safety concerns themselves.