My boss is gorgeous.. !

diggintheboss

A little background story:

Three months ago I was hunting for a job that would pay better than the minimum wage I was making at the time, and I did come across this great office job. It was for an assistant manager position, and I figured with my background I had a shot and went for it. I spoke directly to the owner of this company over the phone, almost the same day I had sent my resume in, and we seemed to hit it off great and he wanted to interview me immediately. To sum it up I explained I felt it was the right thing to give my employer at the time a two week notice before I could fully transition into the opening at this company.. so the position was filled by someone else because they had a need to hire immediately. However the owner of this company (let's call him Tim) stated he liked me so much he just had to hire me. So I took the job, but as a regular employee. It was still a step up from my previous job.

Two months later my tire blew out across the street from where I work, and I was pretty broke after paying rent and other bills so I really had no way to pay for a new tire.. however when I got my car to work, Tim not only took it upon himself to put on my spare tire, but he paid for a new, used tire. And he refused to let me pay him back.

Over the three months I've worked there he does appear to talk with me more than the other girls in the office. He makes light jokes about why I haven't decided to decorate my cubicle yet, or asks how I'm doing or about my car. No flirtation, but he seems more likely to talk to me over than the other girls (besides his receptionist).

Lately I've been thinking about him a lot, and noticed how attracted I am to him.. I haven't exactly gotten my "needs" taken care of in a while, and I'm pretty attractive and slim. I don't have any issues finding men, I've just been picky and working so much. He's been the first guy in ages that has gotten my hormones raging to the boiling point where I feel like I could shred a dozen teddy bears out of frustration.

He is older, fit, and so gorgeous I can' help but stare sometimes.

The downside?

He's married, with four kids, and my boss's boss/owner of the company.

I know it's wrong, but I can't help but wonder.. is he indicating he's interested?

The next time you set eyes on him and start thinking, boy he's gorgeous, just think about those four kids and how much they need their daddy, and how hurt they would be if their family were to be torn apart. Do you really want to be the cause of that?

• Author
diggintheboss

Oh that I've thought about. My own Dad cheated and after the divorce, was never around. I remember how it felt. I'm confident that I would never act on these feelings, and so far I've just focused on work and done pretty well for myself. He even promoted me yesterday.

I just want to know. Am I looking for signs that aren't there because I'm lonely for a guy?

If you act on this, you're on a highway to hell. If you're lonely for a guy that's totally understandable, just make sure you look elsewhere!

OMG, you are not gonna go to hell for it!! And honestly, he may be flirting, or just being friendly. Either way, don't dig too deep into it because it can hurt you, whether he responds with interest or not. I had a relationship with a boss before and honey, I must say, it ain't worth it, no matter how gorgeous he is.... TRUST ME

Just to clarify, I meant 'hell' figuratively, as in you'll end up in a very difficult situation that will just be very hurtful all around.

AHardDaysNight

He has a position of power over you. Any relationship that came out of this would not be healthy.

I'd avoid it at all costs.

I know it's wrong, but I can't help but wonder.. is he indicating he's interested?

He is married and has kids. Would you really even considering ruining a family? And then there is your own reputation, self-respect and dignity.

Keep your pants on, honey.

mike