Should I say something or ignore it?

I have a little crush on my co-worker and recently I find myself pondering about our work relationship. I'm not sure if I do that, because I have a crush on him and am overanalyzing or because I'm just oversensitive in general or because it is indeed something that requires intervention. I'm an assistant in a project and he's one of the project managers in the project. He's not my superior or direct boss, but he often gives me work. He usually explains what needs to be done and then he will close it with, "Ok, do it" or something similar. I'm pretty sure that's not the way he talks with the assistant of the project leader (she's been here way longer and she is also older than both of us, but can these be reason enough?). I wonder if he thinks that I don't take things serious enough or that I'm a doormat. Should I ignore it and let him indulge in his brief moment of superiority or is it some kind of test and it's necessary to assert myself now?

THe post is confusing. PLease share which of these statements are false:

1: I have a crush on my project manager

2: I dislike him directing me on a project

3: I do not place him on a level of "boss" or "director" so him giving directives rubs me the wrong way.

Now if all of them are true then I am really lost here.

Firstly as a project manager who gives outlines of how to do a project and then orchestrates the delegation of task, how is that annoying? I take it positive if he says "have at it now". Personally when they release you to do your own thing it says they entrust you'll get it done.

Sorry that I cannot give an "ignore" or "speek up" as I'm still trying to grasp where your concern lays.

Care to exbound?

• Author

Statement 2 is false. :) (In fact, I enjoy it, because then I get to sit next to him. :love:)

I just wasn't sure what to think of his closing remarks. It's the way you talk with a child, not with a co-worker. My boss (and somewhat his boss) would never ever talk to me like that and most people I know don't. I used to have a boss once who would do similar stuff and I'd say, it was part of his alphamale nature, but also I think it was some kind of sh*t test to see how far you would let him go. He was the kind of person who would say that he sometimes enjoyed having big fights with his wife. :D

Anyway, I've decided that I'm probably a bit too sensitive - might be my general attitude, might be my crush (he was so sweet today :love:).

I personally think you should say to him that you don't think he should be speaking to you in that manner. Be professional about it. You never know he might respect and admire your tenacity and the crush may be reversed!

Good luck!:)

• Author

We had a little argument today... :( I think I was right, but I also reacted a bit oversensitive. He's got a girlfriend, I need to move on and cool down a bit... :(