A myriad of health problems and my slow return to work

For the past month and a half I have been out of work with a still as of yet diagnosed health problem. My concern is that I am losing my standing with my boss due to it.

The problem with my condition, is that one day I feel great, the next day, not so great. Without grossing everyone out, it is a digestive problem that involves "accidents" and "setbacks". I decided to work from home the past few days to show that I am at least trying to get some work done. I told my boss this and her response was, "If you don't feel well enough to go in, maybe you shouldn't be working?"

Granted this was an email and you can't really gauge someone's tone or how they really feel. But, for some reason, it got to me. Is she getting fed up with me? I know when I am 100% and I am not 100% yet.

I can understand that she is probably is frustrated (As am I), considering that our team is just her and I, and she is overseas for a project. There are other people out there helping us, I just fear that she may not look at me the same. My boss is the best boss I have had in years and I don't want to ruin my great relationship with her.

As my username probably dictates, it probably is all in my head. I know I should talk to her directly, but with the time difference and the nature of the project it is difficult to have a decent, meaningful conversation. Please provide some advice on how to handle this. I can't lose my job over this can I?:(