Stupid ass schoolgirl crush on indirect boss.

What the **** is wrong with me? First, I must say that it's funny I haven't posted on this site in seven years. I was going through a lot of pain and discovery back then and had some emotional maturity to get through, but I was still smart, so on to the present... I married the doctor and we've been happily married for five years.

My problem is that I haven't been drawn into a guy at work since I was 21 and some 40's guy seduced me. But I have this same feeling at work at 44with a different man - my big boss. He's very nice, never inappropriate, but he exudes this sex appeal that makes my head swim. It's how he looks at me and a couple of other totally unimportant things. Oh yeah, he's hot, not pretty boy, but sexy as **** hot. I have no plans or desire to cheat on my husband. I just feel really uncomfortable around my boss and can't be myself. This sucks. Any advice? Right now, I'm afraid to come into contact with him because my mind goes blank.

Another poster on this topic in another thread said the perfect thing - to ignore it, it will pass. Thank you for that. It's my plan. I love my husband and still very attracted to him. I think I'm just feeling a little mundane with things and my boss emits some pheromones that I wasn't expecting to pick up on. **** me.

I'll take any advice though, even if it's obnoxious.

Without trying to sound rude, it seems to me that you don't really want to take advice.

You know that the advice anyone would give you would be to stop it right now!

Do you want someone to tell you that it's OK to cheat?

Think about what you are really asking and then the answer will become clear.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I understand what you are saying, although I still find it helpful to learn how others have dealt with these situations without cheating. Plus, cheating was not on the table. It was me. Meeting someone that excites me unexpectedly is weird. Feeling excited every time I run into him is frustrating. Isn't this the same issue guys know so well?

I'm doing better with my indirect boss. I choose to stay away from him unless I must deal with him on a work-related issue. It also helps to place the focus back on my husband, who's already 10x the person than any man I've known.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fantasise about him. It's a great way to get rid of all these tensions.

Nothing wrong with thinking about stuff, and it keeps a spring in your step :)