Love my low paying job. Should I leave?

I have an amazing job with great co-workers, excellent work conditions and benefits. My work has meaning and it can be soul satisfying.

On the other hand, I could be making a lot more somewhere else. At first, I was okay with the low-ish pay. The intangible benefits were pretty good. But I have noticed is that I am treated more like an entry level employee than a person in a specialized occupation.

There is no promotion at my job. I will basically earn the same pay for my entire career there. Cost of living increases of 2% happen sometimes, but usually health insurance costs go up too.

This is a difficult dilemma. I'm approaching middle age and am single. I need to think about my future. This is the best job I've ever had, but I am starting to think I am underestimating my worth. It's not just about money and security, it's about self-respect and growing in my profession.

Anybody want to share some wisdom here? I am feeling lost.

Put some feelers out there. You might surprise yourself to see what is available out there. There WILL BE worse jobs compared to what you have now but you have to sort through those.

Go network and talk to other people in the industry you want to be in and go from there. They can provide insights to things you might now know.