How do Temp Companies keep in business: dont have jobs

I don't quite get it. I've been asking and asking if they have jobs. They don't have any. They have just like a few (say 5) in their website and that's apparently all they have.

I've seen alot of temp companies and they don't have anything.

So how come they can keep in business if they're not really having any jobs to help people find jobs.

Just because they do not have jobs posted does not mean they have do not have jobs.

Many times the temp agency is a combination of job placement; temp work, temp to perm, permatemp, etc... They have jobs but the recruiters are keeping it for their own clients.

Actually you'll be surprised how much money they make off of a person. I remember back in 2000, was making $19/hr, in which the contractors I worked for, charged $50/hr for my services. That's not all, they were just subcontracting for another company in which they charged $150/hr for my services. This was the NMCI project back in the day. Wonder why the federal debt is so high? LOL

Temp agencies earn a portion of what all of their temp workers are paid. For example, ACME Company may be willing to pay ZZZ Temp Agency $20/hr for an admin assistant, but ZZZ takes $5/hr for itself, and passes the remaining $15/hr on to the temp employee who is placed at ACME through ZZZ. Some temp agencies take a greater portion, others less - that's just an example.

Temp employees are actually employed by the temp agency, and subcontracted out to the "hiring" company, who technically pays the agency for the agency's sub-contracted work (the temp employee), who in turn pays you. Thus, the way temp agencies stay in business IS by filling all of their gigs. Then they just get to sit on their hands!!

I've worked in staffing. Temp agencies get city, state, and federal contracts, as well as requests from businesses - especially in this economy, many employers want to hire temps to keep them "off the books" (my current employer is doing this but I didn't go through an agency). There are always jobs. Whether they are jobs you are qualified for is a different story. Agencies are usually somewhat industry specific - labor, administrative, etc., - and if you don't fit the candidate profile you won't get any jobs. And what they advertise on their website is only a small portion of what they have - there are huge budgets allocated to mass-advertising all over print and internet.