I started a new job yesterday with a messenger co.I have never done this before.It seems like an ok job.I have to use my own vehichle and supply my own gas.I am considered a contractor who has to pay my own taxes and get my own medical and injury insurance.I do get payed every week strickly for comission.I do have a garenteed rout wich is pretty much a based salary of 400.00 a week. Today I got a call from another job I had been waiting for.They want me to start tommoro.I will be doing something I have already done this type of work before.And I enjoyed doing it.This job pays by piece work(comission)and I get payed bi-weekly.I am garenteed at least 800.00 every other week.They offer health insurance and provide me with a vehichle.With this I am offered a gas card for gas as needed and can take the vehichle to and from work (home).They will pay 75.00 a day for trianing if needed. I don't know if I should leave job no. 1 (carrier) to go to job no. 2 the one I have expience in and provides me with a vehichle and gas card.They both pay about the same.What would you do?

This may be an unpopular statement......but what about the people you work "with" and "for" on either job. Sometimes you can hate going to work in the morning....but enjoy facing the people around you. It makes ALL the difference!!!

If you feel the same about either job......then you've got to consider the benefits and future with each one. Lookls like you've done a fine job of assessing each company and their value to your needs. I think you will make the right decision.....I really do.

If job number 2 provides medical benefits and they provide you with a car and gas at the same salary then it appears to me that job number 2 is the better deal financially. Oh - taxes too (and there is the hassle of calculating and paying those quarterly yourself - are you disciplined enough to do that yourself? I'd rather have mine withheld by my employer).

I'm sure you feel badly that you just started work at job 1 and now you'd be telling them you're quitting, but this happens to a lot of people - it isn't personal, it's financial.