trying to outgrow my weaknesses

I know I've said in the past that,I'm annoyed with one of the managers cause she keeps on staring at me and one of my weaknesses is standing up for myself.Im in counceling cause,I have alot of problems such as not being able to talk to people at work cause,I get scared that they will get mad at me if I stand up for myself.Today I got so annoyed,that I gave her a dirty look right back.

When Im happy and smiling and having fun at work,she trys to make me miserable cause she cant stand stand it.Then when Im ignoring her,she gets really mad.What can I say to her?

One time I did tell my boss and she got so mad she tossed the trash barrel towards me.And she tried to start an argument with me one time cause I told another manager.Thats the reason,I get scared to tell someone, cause Im afraid of how she will react towards me.After what happened the last time ,Ive been afraid to stick up for myself ever since then.Im real sick of her attitude towards me.Today I turned around and there she was making those mean looks.She only feels good when she can put me down.I dont know what her problem is.Im real afraid to tell the manager again,after what happened the last time.

Patty

Patty -

If she doesn't like you, it's her problem. If she wants to stare at you, let her. Eventually, somebody will notice she's not doing her own work and fire her. In the meantime, ignore her. Don't look at her at all - or, if you do, give her a BIG smile. A really, really BIG smile. It will drive her bananas - much more than if you were to talk to her manager or say something to her.

• Author
A really, really BIG smile. It will drive her bananas - much more than if you were to talk to her manager or say something to her.

Thats exactly what I did today and she went bananas! I'll try that smile more often,I know she doesnt like that.I guess I shouldnt give up.I'll keep being happy and will not give her the satisfaction she's looking for.:)

Thanks for advice.

Patty

I'll keep being happy and will not give her the satisfaction she's looking for.

You GO, girl! :D

don't let the turkeys (like her) get you down, patty-cakes. :eek:

and don't let her obvious bad attitude problem become yours. I'm sure people like you and get along with you at work just fine, so don't give someone like her a second thought. Just smile, smile, smile. Which will drive her nuts, nuts, nuts!

FYI -- there must be something seriously wrong with her if she has to pick on employees to feel good about herself or her job.

quank

• Author
don't let the turkeys (like her) get you down, patty-cakes.

and don't let her obvious bad attitude problem become yours. I'm sure people like you and get along with you at work just fine, so don't give someone like her a second thought. Just smile, smile, smile. Which will drive her nuts, nuts, nuts!

FYI -- there must be something seriously wrong with her if she has to pick on employees to feel good about herself or her job.

Thanks.I will try to remember to, :):):):) ! That always drives her nuts,when she sees me happy.

:D

Patty