LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

texts from boss

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 4th June 2011, 2:31 AM   #1

texts from boss

Is it inappropriate for your boss to text you after hours about things that are not work related? (male boss texting a female employee)
shinethru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 9:27 AM   #2

it depends...If he is married and flirting with you; i.e., meet me for drinks at the bar, it is not appropriate. If he sends you a message saying his wife would like to have your potato salad recipe because she loved your's at the company picnic..that would be appropriate.

I think you should share the exact contect of the message so people can get a clear picture of what is going on.
sunshine63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Established Member

Yes, it is inappropriate.
Old 4th June 2011, 1:01 PM   #4
Established Member

It's generally inappropriate, but what are the text messages in regards to?

I'd simply ignore the texts for now. If he continues to press you for personal information, mention that you keep your personal and professional lives separate and change the subject to work related matters. Act friendly but professional, to the point where he will have no choice but to be professional back. Obviously don't friend him on facebook or twitter.
O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 1:15 PM   #5
Established Member

Switch the sexes in the scenario and it's still inappropriate.
thehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 2:12 PM   #6
Established Member

Yes, generally inappropriate.
denise_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 3:13 AM   #7

Devereux pleaded guilty to sending text messages conveying a threatening message between December 21, 2009 and January 4, 2010, during sentencing on Wednesday, March 10.
Prosecuting, Neil Audley said Devereux was sent a text message on December 13, telling him his contract would not be renewed because the contractor was ‘not satisfied’ with his work.
He said: "He took it too far when he expressed his dissatisfaction at what had happened to him. He sent text messages that were of a threatening nature over the Christmas period."
Old 5th July 2011, 12:27 AM   #8

Do you not enjoy the texts? If you don't want the texts, I would just not answer and the boss will get the message. If you are interested, however, then you can respond, of course.
Hot Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 5:35 PM   #9

It's impossible to say without knowing what kind of messages he's sending. 'Could be friendly, 'could be out of line... Tell us some more!
richie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 7:07 PM   #10

Just tell him to stop texting you.
Jason Todd is offline   Reply With Quote