My supervisor only promotes her friends and family

I've posted here before, but forgot to include this.

Being a casual is BS. At my work the supervisor only makes her friends and family full time staff. Its complete BS. Everybody else doesn't even get a look in. And she treats everyone like their garbage. My boss never sees what she's actually like, as she brown noses my boss whenever he's around. As soon as my boss goes, she's back to treating everyone like garbage. And my boss doesn't seem to care anyway, he's only waiting for his retirement. I think its a complete utter joke.

e.g I was working and talking to another co worker at the same time. my supervisor yelled at me for talking "about personal information". Yet ALL my supervisor talks about is her new born grandson. Why is it okay for her to CONSTANTLY talk about her grandson, on company time?

Anothe time my boss was away. So my supervisor had to hand out the payslips. She shoved my payslip on my trolley. And said "Here's your payslip, since you loved it here so much, you're STILL here" in a snarly tone. Yet her daughter who is OLDER than me, has been there almost as long as I have. So why doesn't she insult her own daughter aswell? Her daughter got pregnant by her ex and left work and never came back. She told EVERYBODY at work before she left, that she only got pregnant coz she could get benefits and never have to work anymore!!! It was the talk at work for ages. Of coarse she never told my boss any of this though.

I quite frankly find my supervisor a complete hypocrite.

• Author

getting a promotion= who you know and not what you know?

getting a promotion= who you know and not what you know?

Based on your scenario , yeah that would seem to be the mantra.

For a second I took you for one of my co workers who rows in the same boat I do. The business I work for is family owned so they hire their kids , cousins, in laws , you name it. They have ZERO education in the network field and sales industry yet they get hired , collect a paycheck and dern well get "monthly" expense checks for bogus line items. I get soo mad when I have to hand them the expense checks because I proof the line items for the boss to sign off on, he is way to trust worthy to challenge that they could possibly be fudging the books in their favor, but they are! Anyways, I get how irritating it can be to work for a boss that favors certain members...its no picnic. The Owner himself puts his wife on the payroll and all she does is make 4 calls a day to set up his Tee times.... favoritism is alive and well.....I am just glad I am NOT related to them, I believe in an honest days work equals an honest days pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Think+Do+Strive = Achieve

This may not be very accurate when the supervisor is taking his seat benefit,But you must keep on your good work , Yes its really heartbreaking but you have to be there and soon you will be among the promoters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I don't see the point in working hard anymore, as the supervisor treats the rest of us like shyte. Why does she do this and have favourites? A friend of mine was right, the only way you can get ahead is become your own boss. At least then I wouldn't be working for people who treat me like crap.

• Author

We were told that working overtime and weekends etc would "work for us". But that was complete BS or what! It didn't mean a thing. the supervisers friends and family who came later, got permanent straight away. But the rest of us who did overtime, didn't even get looked at.

• 1 month later...
Anyone that can relate?

Hi everybody,

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions or use search box or this site.

Best rgs

Surgarkane,

Two things here:

1..'WORK' is a four letter word.

2..The only way to solve the problem is to find another job and leave..

my 2 cents