How do you choose?

Between different career pathways? There is more than thing that interests me eg: flight attendant, graphic design, fashion industry. How do you choose when more than one thing interests you?

TakeMeasIam

What would bring you pleasure?

What would bring you satisfaction?

Look at long-term, short-term.

finance and practicality. flight attendant: glorified waitress without a proper homelife, hard to maintain relationships, poorly paid. are you good at customer service?

graphic design and fashion industry are a bit more related but must be crowded areas to work in, very popular. do you have contacts to get in? qualifications? how much can you earn with any of these realistically within 3-5 years?

• Author

Ijust feel so lost, while other people my age I know seem to know what they want to do. I saw a career counsellor but she didn't help at all.

• Author

I've done a test and it said that I score highest in arts and also sales and marketing

Lauriebell82
I've done a test and it said that I score highest in arts and also sales and marketing

Marketing consultants make a decent living and there are lots of jobs out there for that. Is that something you'd be interested in doing?

Basically you have to go with what career you'd picture yourself being happy doing.

How old are you?

• Author
Marketing consultants make a decent living and there are lots of jobs out there for that. Is that something you'd be interested in doing?

Basically you have to go with what career you'd picture yourself being happy doing.

How old are you?

I'm 24 years old

• Author

Everyone says don't worry too much. But next year I'm going to be 25 and I actually don't want to be over 30 and still living at home, wondering why I don't yet hyave a family of my own.

• Author

I'm sick and tired of dreading going to work everyday. Always wanting to take sick days. I want to go to work happy and motivated. I want to enjoy what I do. People say well at least you've got a job. But the company is downsizing and soon I won't even have that. I've wasted 6 years of my life doing something I loathe. And what have I got to show for it?

I see other people my age finished degrees and in a good job. I feel really envious of them. Its embarassing telling people that I'm still in the same low entry job. People assume that if you're in a crappy job, you must be dumb. But I'm not, I always got good grades and liked school. I just need some direction.

• 2 months later...