Opportunity for better job But I'm quiet!

I had a talk with the head of the place hwere i work. She said that she thinks that I'm wasting my talents by just doing scanning( that's the job i do ) and that they want to change me to a technical position.

Where i would get more pay and would e more challenging and gives me opporutnity to grow. she even started talking to me about 6 figure salaries etc, that if i would get into those positions that eventually that can happen. Then she also showed me the newer technologies were i could work too.

(MIND YOU, I DIDN"T GRADUATE IN THE SCIENCES and am not a programmer or nothing.. I just have some intelligence but nothing deep.. so i don't knwo why she and other supervisors tht talk ed to her,, see that i have potential.... maybe cause i'm quiet and i am a hardworker)

Well but then she said but you have to come out of your shell. I'm shy and quiet and i have a speaking disability so i usually always just do my work and stare at the computer and work hard. I don't talk, i don't joke around, i don't get into deep conversations with people and I dont' talk in the phone(the job is not about that)..

She's and most people in the place where i work talk alot. and i think she thinks i should be like them.

I'm not gonna be like a talkative playboy cause i'm not that. So what should i do? Should i accept the job offers even though

1. I can't really talk alot and fluently

2. If i get into the jobs she is talking about i would have to probably get into some study program and training.. and i've not been in school since 2003 and i'm not a great learner.

3. if i get into the jobs she is talking about, i'll probably have no social life cause will probably have to work alot of hours and even at night and stuff.

The good thing though is that if i got into those jobs I would get much more money( She said the people doing those jobs get double or more what i make(i make 15 now as a scanner) )

I dont know..

any tips??

If you felt more confident about talking to people, would you want the job? If that's the crux of it, then you could consider some kind of social skills training. That can really help. But I do know what you mean. I am a quiet person too and the sociable, talkative types always seem to do well even though I often work harder and more accurately.

Your supervisor has realised that you have talent and that if you felt more at ease socially you would be able to make the most of that talent. This is not a bad thing. You are the one who has been offered the opportunity, not the chatty types, so your supervisor wants your abilities in particular. It's easy for sociable people to think that being sociable is just a matter of trying harder but it isn't that simple. You should feel confident that you have got the talent they need. You might find it hard to go back to college, but you will find ways of learning, you have already done this at work.

There is a difference between being the wrong person for the job and being the right person for the job who just needs a few extra skills. Perhaps if you work out which applies to you, the decision will be a bit easier.