Everybody at work thinks I'm weird. Should i quit?

im' male and you probably read my threads. I have a very slow brain and i don't have any impulse to talk. when i'm working i concentrate on work and that's it. i don't chatter and gossip and i don't yell out stuff. It's not in me. My mind is blank e specially when i work i'm working.

wel that's what all the people at work do. yapp nonstop and they're fast speakers.

I'm beginning to see how everyone thinks i'm weird even though they don't say it. i know it. And then even when i do try to talk..they get fed up just cause i'm not fast and fluent.

Everyone besides me talks like this "jkjfkjfkjfkjfkjfkjfkfjkfjkfjkfjfkjfkjfkfjkfj"

meaning they talk nonstop and can come up with all sorts of stuff.

I talk like this

"..........................................oh ok( smile)...........................................................hey SO and SO, how do you do this? .....oh ok..............................................................................(then back to work and i stare at the screen or documents with full concentration)"

Anyways, i feel so hated or at least i feel like they all think i'm weird and i just feel like i wanna quit. On christmas i got some special gift from the whole company(supposedly) saying that they were greatful for me and they all appreciate me and like me and they even signed a card for me.

BUt that was just BS lying. i'm sure.

What to do?

This is going to happen to you no matter where you work. if youre weird, then OWN it. Stop worrying about what people think of you, you dont NEED them. You do your own thing and own it.

Feelin Frisky

Try not to fall into thinking that you register all that much on other people. Everyone else is thinking about themselves--their own agendas, their own insecurities. You won't be on their mind all that much unless you do things to make that so. You sound like your not the competitive type who just wants to do his job. So, if that's how it is, why not try to capitalize on that as much as you can? Promote yourself in your performance dialog with your supervisor or manager as someone who is all business that they can depend on--that would be a smarter thing to do than letting them draw their own conclusions on the personality side of things where some might assume you unsociable. Try to lead them to belief you are quiet by design.

Anyways, i feel so hated or at least i feel like they all think i'm weird and i just feel like i wanna quit. On christmas i got some special gift from the whole company(supposedly) saying that they were greatful for me and they all appreciate me and like me and they even signed a card for me.

BUt that was just BS lying. i'm sure.

So you don't multi-task in the sense of working and talking..Not a big deal. You're there to do a job and you are focussed on work.

Can I ask how old you are?

People respect you because of the job you do. People like you, you've given them no reason NOT to like you! (meaning you're not yellling at them, being rude..) Just because you're quiet and not outspoken doesn't mean they don't like you.

It's okay to be different. And, if they think you're weird, so what? Everybody is weird in their own way.

All I know as I've gotten older, I care less what others think of me. If I have a job to do, respect me, but you don't have to like me.

Doesn't sound like they dislike you if they sent you a card saying how grateful and how much they appreciate you? Sounds like they think you're a good worker. Just because you don't talk all the time, doesn't mean you're weird. . . and anyway, it's good to be unique at work and not follow the crowd of gossips, etc.

So, no, i wouldn't worry about it. Go to work, do your job, go home. A lot of people out there prefer this hassle free lifestyle:)