Tongue Tied At Work

I have a job where I call folks that have registered for information on a website. I don't know these people personally (obviously)

I find myself getting tongue tied while trying to get more information from them so that I can get them set up on our website.

HELP.....Sometimes I find myself sounding like a complete idiot. When I hang up the phone I feel like Homer Simpson - Doh!!!

Are their any tips to not get tongue tied, repetitive & to sound professional instead of like a bumbling idiot? Ideas? Anyone?

I have a job where I call folks that have registered for information on a website. I don't know these people personally (obviously)

I find myself getting tongue tied while trying to get more information from them so that I can get them set up on our website.

HELP.....Sometimes I find myself sounding like a complete idiot. When I hang up the phone I feel like Homer Simpson - Doh!!!

Are their any tips to not get tongue tied, repetitive & to sound professional instead of like a bumbling idiot? Ideas? Anyone?

It's helped me in the past to anticipate questions, then write down answers ahead of time.

You don't have to read from your script;writing down responses or paragraphs of statements just helps one organize one's thoughts ahead of time. I'm a non-linear thinker so untangling my thoughts onto paper helps immensely. I do this for interviews, meetings, events at which I'm most likely to stumble.

It's also recommended that you really "know your stuff." I can see how NOT being confident in one's job knowledge might cause self-doubt/stumbling.

Edited by cerridwen