Resolution of things with my boss

If anyone has been following my boss threads, he finally set up a meeting and we talked.

He basically said that some of the things I have said to him towards the end of last year are quite hurtful and he wants to consider our "friendship" as over.

We will still work together and meet once every 2-3 weeks as needed. I am getting involved in couple of other new projects (still under my boss unfortunately :().

I am just happy that I didn't get fired.

As for the friendship with my boss, I honestly don't give a f... :lmao:

• Author
Cool, so new romance, boss out of your face, job still exists. Great start to the new year :)

Yep, don't forget the new house too :bunny:

2011 rocks!!

OG

I am not sure how this is classed as resolution seeing as your boss has made it clear that the relationship is damaged in some ways. He has made it clear that he is not happy with some of the things you have said or done.

Seriously - can you see how you may have said or acted in a way that has caused this problem at work? If so, do you feel that you need to change your behaviours to act in a more appropriate manner at work? Have you learnt anything from this? Because the way I see it, your boss is not going to give you the benefit of the doubt now if you make a mistake. You need to consider your actions to ensure you do not put your current job at further risk and to also make sure that you do not risk any future jobs.

Sheesh, how nice of him .:rolleyes:

Bosses and subordinates aren't even supposed to be friends--- he should feel so entitled.

Bosses and subordinates aren't even supposed to be friends--- he should feel so entitled.

More importantly, subordinates shouldn't behave and say to their bosses the things OG did. :o

Unfortunately, I agree with Anne that you haven't reached a resolution, OG. Your relationship with him is irreparably damaged, and ultimately it will affect you professionally more than it already has. I'd start looking for a new gig where you can start off fresh.

Yeah, I found that kind of weird that he said that. OG, I would cool it for right now, but don't neccessarily think that all is repaired yet, because it may not be. Continue to work hard and possibly look for a new job at the same time.

Oh, I don't doubt her job is toast, but am happy for her that this 'quiet period' will give her ample opportunity to pursue a new job with a different boss with whom she'll be nothing if not completely professional. I hope that search is going on right now. :)