I am 19 and with be 20 this month and the amount of decisions and career opportunities which are jumping at me are crazy. I feel sick to the stomach when I start to think of my future as nothing is certain, I have no path and when you feel there's a countdown in your head it makes you panic. When I look around a lot of my friends have found there path or at least on a path which keeps them busy. But with me I have nothing just a job I hate, I really need to get out of this job asap but I don't want to go backwards, I want to progress in life. I been unhappy for the past year due to this fear and it really effects me, I am not deceive like I once was. This fear has been growing since I was 16 and wasn't sure what to do in life. Then 18 came and friends went off to University and what not, I did not, I studied music for a year in college. Even though I was good at it, I realised how difficult it is to make it as an artist and many people don't. Now I am 19 coming up 20 and University deadline for applications is the 15th. This fear grows more and more every year but I never progress as I cannot work out 100% what career would make me happy. How can I deal with this and what has been your experience?

I am 19 and with be 20 this month and the amount of decisions and career opportunities which are jumping at me are crazy. I feel sick to the stomach when I start to think of my future as nothing is certain, I have no path and when you feel there's a countdown in your head it makes you panic. When I look around a lot of my friends have found there path or at least on a path which keeps them busy. But with me I have nothing just a job I hate, I really need to get out of this job asap but I don't want to go backwards, I want to progress in life. I been unhappy for the past year due to this fear and it really effects me, I am not deceive like I once was. This fear has been growing since I was 16 and wasn't sure what to do in life. Then 18 came and friends went off to University and what not, I did not, I studied music for a year in college. Even though I was good at it, I realised how difficult it is to make it as an artist and many people don't. Now I am 19 coming up 20 and University deadline for applications is the 15th. This fear grows more and more every year but I never progress as I cannot work out 100% what career would make me happy. How can I deal with this and what has been your experience?

I remember that fear. As if the decisions you make now will affect the rest of your life. Try to remember that no experience is bad experience. If you are really passionate about music, I would encourage you to pursue it. There are about a million other things you could do with a music degree than just being an "artist" or performer. You could continue your education and become a music teacher. Or combine your degree with another one and do something totally unique.

If you're not sure what you might like to do, I would suggest taking a smatter ing of random classes that you may find interest in. Most fit in for some credit somewhere or another. Maybe by doing this you will discover something else that you are good at and this will give you ideas for your future.

I wish you the best of luck :)

You're putting too much pressure on yourself! Stop it! You're not SUPPOSED to have everything figured out yet.

I have no path and when you feel there's a countdown in your head it makes you panic.

This is an illusion. There is no truth in it. There is no such thing as a countdown. Countdown to what? You're already living your life. So stop thinking it!!

This fear grows more and more every year but I never progress as I cannot work out 100% what career would make me happy. How can I deal with this and what has been your experience?

You don't have to have a path. Especially when you're 20. That's part of what University is for - to help you figure it out; and even then you may not find it until later. I changed my major 4 times before I graduated. Even after that, my first job out of college didn't have ANYTHING to do with my major! Just roll with it for now. Pursue your love of music.

Best advice I've ever gotten: Do what you love, and everything else will eventually fall into place.

You're putting too much pressure on yourself! Stop it! You're not SUPPOSED to have everything figured out yet.

Best advice I've ever gotten: Do what you love, and everything else will eventually fall into place.

Listen to these quotes!

Life is whatever you make it, and your path is whatever is of interest to you. There is no time limit to figuring things out. I personally didn't find a path until I was 27 - but leading up to that, I did whatever was of interest to me at that time, and lived through many experiences (good and bad) that have made me into who I am. I would never trade those moments ever!

Do whatever you want! Life is scary, but it's also thrilling and unpredictable - that's what makes it fun. Don't paralyze yourself with fear or pressured expectations. Have a beer and enjoy the ride :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fear of The Future:

Hello Members!

I'm new to this forum past few months. I guessed those users who are not well knowledge and satisfaction about Fear of The Future which is mention above. Please visit our Analytical Report of your topic which is mention below at this post.....

Click below and gain experience of our Analysis!

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I know EXACTLY how you feel, but I'm 23. Its alot of pressure to expect "just to know" what you want to do. My sister gave me good advice, that people will usually change jobs several times in their working life. I think these days its 7- 10 times. Its not like past generations who stayed in one company their whole lives. That is very rare these days. I also posted a similar thread, but I got no answers.

I also get the same pressure from family and friends. But its different these days because just the sheer choice can feel over whelming.