Completely Lost on Career Choice

I am 19 almost 20 and feel I really need to make a move on my career choice. For the past 2 years I have procrastinated going to University due to not being sure which topic would interest me enough. I hate my current job in customer service working with food, I need a change. The past week I have been thinking deep and asking what people think I am good at but nothing stands out 100%.

My dream a year ago was to be in a band and I was and we was doing good then members lost commitment and dropped out. Music is such an unreliable form of income and it's hard to balance what job I would enjoy with the money aspect. I have been told I am good with people and would make a good manager but I am not sure that interests me enough to do it.

For me to do something I need to be amazingly interested in order to get motivated. I was crazy about music for 2 years, thats all I would do then when the band disbanded I lost interest and atm I have to force myself to pick up my guitar in order to get my final music grade.

I have looked at the fire service but they told me they won't be employing for a while and the government is actually making cuts in that sector. I need a job where it is not monotonous, something where I get up every morning and think 'I cant wait to get to work'. All I want from life is to be happy and I have seen first hand through my parents to be happy you need a certain amount of money to pay bills. I just don't know what I want to do and I feel vital time is passing.

desertIslandCactus

I did not know what I was blessed to do until I was 25. I didn't pursue it educationally so that I could make a good, enjoyable living at it .. Other things happened thru the yrs so that now it wouldn't be feasable to pursue - too late.

It is understandable why college kids wind up changing their mind so often in those years.

I have heard successful people say: pursue what you love.

The music can always be a continuance and a side thing - after hours, while working another job - until you become successful enough to rely on the band - or the music portion.

Pursue what you love - and what you feel what God has blessed you to do.