Hi all

I have never realy asked about relationship advice on a website, but for the first time; i honestly dont no what to do.

I work with this person at work. And i had a dream about her about a month and a half ago, it wasent anything sexual, it was just alot of holding and hugging etc...

When i saw her the next day, i realised why i must of had a dream about her. It was because she realy makes someone feel important by hugging them or laughing at your jokes.

She has been having troubles with this arsehole at work, he is a abusive peice of ****, one day i could tell she was realy hurting. I didint leave her. I just let her spill her guts out about what was happening etc.

Ever since then i have been taking her out for lunches, byeing her things. And being her person to call or talk too.

She jokingling said to me, i was like her "temp boyfreind" for being so nice to her, i didint no what to say, well all i wanted to say was "I want to take you out more often, like on dates"

I just cant bring myself to taking that step to asking her out, I honestly have never felt this way about someone, and to make matters worse for my current emotion overload of **** running through my head. She will be leaving the country around April of next year, and will be gone for 6 months.

Im a 21 year old male, Please im realy needing help here. I would normaly turn to a freind to ask, but just having alot of trouble talking about this with anyone.

If this other co-worker is treating her that badly, she needs to speak to the human resources department or her line manager.

Regarding asking her out, there may be a company policy against co-workers dating. Even if there isn't, it might still be frowned upon because there's the issue of whether or not you can remain professional while you're dating and also afterwards if you break up.

The other thing is that you seem to be really going out of your way for her in taking her for lunches and buying her things (what things?) and you're not even dating. As she's already joked, you're already acting like you're her boyfriend.

You're young and it sounds like you've been thrown for a loop ever since that dream. At the moment, you might be her confidante but there isn't anything to suggest that she has any feelings for you other than as a shoulder to cry on.

I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear. I think that it's just not a good idea to pursue romantic relationships with work colleagues.

• Author

Lauriebell, im not scared of asking her out. Im more scared things would become realy awkward between us...

But i thank you January as you are being totaly honest. And you are probable right, im just the shoulder to cry on guy lol.