Do you have a co-worker that makes work more enjoyable?

This question is inspired by something that I read in another post.

Since so much time is spent at the workplace, is there someone that makes your work environment/time just a little easier and more enjoyable? Do you look forward to go to work because of that person?

It can be any type of person, a man or a woman, and for any reason. For example, they make you laugh, or they're good-looking and sexy, or you get along with, or they're nice and help you with work, etc.

If there's no such person, do you wish there was?

the other two staffers at the newspaper office. It's like being with family you enjoy hanging out with, our senses of humor are pretty attuned, and I'm forever learning stuff from them. They are pretty much the reason I've been at the job so long, and I'm going to miss them when I've got to go at the end of the month :(

I like all my coworkers, with the exception of one. And my other coworkers feel the same way about this person so in order to deal with it, our relationships have strengthened.

Laurie, Snap.

I'm in precisely the same situation.

All my co-workers are wonderful, and worth going to work, for.

There's just this one, who makes everybody else's life unbearable.

Why, oh why our Boss lets them run everybody else ragged, I still have not figured out.

Antagonistic, aggressive, argumentative, stressful and plain unpleasant.

Why also "employed by us"?

Beats me......

Yea, she keeps getting "warnings" but she never gets any consequences. I have actually stopped helping her with her work because she has set me up several times. If all my coworkers continue to complain, however, we are looked at as tattletails when we do.

It is beyond me how she gets away with behaving that way. The rest of us have said that we would be out the door if we acted that way at work..I know I would!

It's just a shame, because the rest of my office gets along so well, we function so well as a team. She is like the thorn in a rose bush.

I'm blessed to be in a caring workplace. There are so many bright lights here that the office glows. The top boss is amazing. He started here as a social worker and worked his way up over 30 years. We work in the AIDS field and he tells stories of all the funerals he went to of clients. Yet, he is so balanced and positive. That man is always smiling and trusts his staff completely.

I was offered a job somewhere else making 20K more than what I'm making now (it was like the jackpot). I turned it down in a heart beat. I'm too happy here and no amount of money will lure me away.

I feel like the luckiest person in the world. And it's good we have (relatively) happy staff because the AIDS epidemic is a difficult thing to deal with.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm blessed to be in a caring workplace. There are so many bright lights here that the office glows. The top boss is amazing. He started here as a social worker and worked his way up over 30 years. We work in the AIDS field and he tells stories of all the funerals he went to of clients. Yet, he is so balanced and positive. That man is always smiling and trusts his staff completely.

I was offered a job somewhere else making 20K more than what I'm making now (it was like the jackpot). I turned it down in a heart beat. I'm too happy here and no amount of money will lure me away.

I feel like the luckiest person in the world. And it's good we have (relatively) happy staff because the AIDS epidemic is a difficult thing to deal with.

Thanks for starting this thread.

That's great!! I work with tough clients too, drug addicts/alcoholics but it's very rewarding. I have a Masters degree so I could make much more at another job but I don't want to. I love where I work and what I do. That's why it's very difficult to have one person create negativity in such a great work environment. I am glad you work with AIDS patients, I have experience working with them as well.

laRubiaBonita

one of the my major conflicts that i have with my job is that i really :love:Love :love:love :love:love all the guys i work with, but i really do not like my job that much.

there are only 2 or 3 people that i do not like that much (mainly just cause they do not pull their own weight)... but i still like them in a way.

my department really is a great group and mix of people and we get along great!