anxiety turning to fear: It feels like someone is after me for everything

I really wish I could go in to work without feeling anxious.But I'm feeling afraid to be going there.It feels like someone is after me for everything.Thats what scares me.Im even avoiding doing things at work cause the things I have to do are near her and make me uncomfortable.Plus she went and told someone something, that was very untrue of me and I broke down and cried.If Im even in the same room as her I start feeling scared.She really scares me.Whenever she gets near me on purpose I walk away cause Im afraid I'll do something wrong when im near her.I dont think I can outgrow this fear.She likes to make me miserable.If I do anything wrong,she has to bitch about it and make a big deal out of it at work.

Everytime Im near her,I get criticized,thats why I avoid situations that make me anxious.I have a hard time doing my work and concentrating cause I keep thinking shes going to get after me for something,that I did or didnt do.

The "effexor" that I take for anxiety is suppose to make me feel less anxious.I dont why Im feeling like that lately.I just fear that she is going to say more stuff about me that isnt true.I feel like I cant do anything right with her there..

Patty

tell her to put a sock in it, that you're only human and you're entitled to a few mistakes now and then. And that you wouldn't be so edgy if she kept her nose out of your business ... unless this is your manager, then you just want to smile at her and tell her you're doing your best then walk away.

does this person have someone over them, like a manager or something? Maybe you can ask to have your schedule rearranged because you feel uncomfortable working with so-and-so, or even have the manager talk to that co-worker about her attitude.

in the meantime, patty-cakes, look at it this way: you know you are going to be anxious when you're around her, but you also know that you have the power to stop those feelings from coming on so strongly. You are in control of your actions/reactions, not the Co-worker From Hell, you don't have to play her game. She knows she makes your life miserable, don't give her the power to do so.

good luck, and remember, sometimes you've just got to be a little bit bitchier than the other person when you're standing your ground.

quank