career change from tech to 'people stuff'

Hey. Well I done web/internet work for the past 10 years and lost my job last year. I'm thinking of going back to school for a second bachelor, I just don't know what!? I can't comprehend what to do because I feel no human connection anymore. Honestly I want to be a criminal, except I just wish it was 1847 and I could go rob some trains or something. Today, nah... the state pen ain't my thing. So, I shall stick to deciding what to do. So far... play lotto once a week.

I mean, I'm deciding if I should invest, I have some money saved up I could either use to go back to school, or make money with somehow.

What do you think is better? Go back to school, or take the money and try to double it? And, if you know how to do that it'd be much appreciated too ;)

desertIslandCactus
Hey. Well I done web/internet work for the past 10 years and lost my job last year. I'm thinking of going back to school for a second bachelor, I just don't know what!? I can't comprehend what to do because I feel no human connection anymore. Honestly I want to be a criminal, except I just wish it was 1847 and I could go rob some trains or something. Today, nah... the state pen ain't my thing. So, I shall stick to deciding what to do. So far... play lotto once a week.

I mean, I'm deciding if I should invest, I have some money saved up I could either use to go back to school, or make money with somehow.

What do you think is better? Go back to school, or take the money and try to double it? And, if you know how to do that it'd be much appreciated too ;)

I don't believe in wasting money on school. You can get instant training on a job while gaining experience and a paycheck.. especially if you are uncertain about what you wish to pursue.

Keep all doors open with employment .. Internet, emp agencies, dept of employment, vocational schools, walking resumes, etc

As for investing your money.. if one has money to burn I suggest real estate and the market is down now (at least in our area) .. But if you are merely looking to double your money .. then hold onto it .. because real estate is long term .. and other so-called investments are uncertain.

Try to find a situation with a small company freelancing as a drop-in web person... which will probably be part time work... but you can slowly ease your way back into relating to humans. There are many small businesses and churches, etc run by older people who feel uncomfortable with doing web stuff but who need a human to work with them directly. where you come into their office and help them for a while maybe a few days a week (as opposed to building a website remotely for them) Pay won't be great but you may get some good interactions and then be able to figure out where you want to go in your career.

Don't just sit by yourself in your house... you can use your current skills AND deal with people too. You could advertise yourself as "The Web Guy" who comes to people's offices and shows them how to do all kinds of Internet related stuff.