Screwed up travel plans :(

I am going to a conference in early December and couple of my collegues are going with me. I decided to take care of all the arrangements and booked us a nice 3 bedroom apartment through the conference organizers. It was billed through my boss's credit card.

This was done months ago and I assumed that all was well. Today I decided to call and check up on our reservations just to make sure everything is OK. Well, turns out they have no booking under my name (or any other name) even though my boss's card has been charged :eek:

After some talking, it turned out that the booking I made through conference organizers has been canceled because of some "issues". :confused: So I called the conference organizers who confirmed this. They assured me however that they will make alternate accommodation arrangements for us "soon" and not to worry.

Well I am worried! It's not just me, it's 2 of my collegues who will now think that I am completely incompetant :mad:

I wasn't sure what to do and was/am freaking out, so I called my boss at home. He gave me advice to keep this in the dark from 2 other collegues and that he will make some calls on Monday and try to sort the situation out. The problem is, he often says things like this to calm me down but then never follows through.

Not sure what the hell to do :( I checked other accomodation in the area and EVERYTHING is booked out now.

I spoke to one of the collegues on IM just now but I didn't say anything and pretended that everything was fine...

I am going to a conference in early December and couple of my collegues are going with me. I decided to take care of all the arrangements and booked us a nice 3 bedroom apartment through the conference organizers. It was billed through my boss's credit card.

This was done months ago and I assumed that all was well. Today I decided to call and check up on our reservations just to make sure everything is OK. Well, turns out they have no booking under my name (or any other name) even though my boss's card has been charged :eek:

After some talking, it turned out that the booking I made through conference organizers has been canceled because of some "issues". :confused: So I called the conference organizers who confirmed this. They assured me however that they will make alternate accommodation arrangements for us "soon" and not to worry.

Well I am worried! It's not just me, it's 2 of my collegues who will now think that I am completely incompetant :mad:

I wasn't sure what to do and was/am freaking out, so I called my boss at home. He gave me advice to keep this in the dark from 2 other collegues and that he will make some calls on Monday and try to sort the situation out. The problem is, he often says things like this to calm me down but then never follows through.

Not sure what the hell to do :( I checked other accomodation in the area and EVERYTHING is booked out now.

I spoke to one of the collegues on IM just now but I didn't say anything and pretended that everything was fine...

OG, it's the conference organisers who ****ed up and you should make them work really hard on fixing it right now. I wouldn't wait for the boss to move - call those people up again and demand that they sort this immediately, and that they give you a fixed time for getting back to you, not just 'soon'.

• Author
OG, it's the conference organisers who ****ed up and you should make them work really hard on fixing it right now. I wouldn't wait for the boss to move - call those people up again and demand that they sort this immediately, and that they give you a fixed time for getting back to you, not just 'soon'.

Thanks Denise. You are right, they should fix it up. I am not even sure for how long they knew of this because if I didn't call I would have been completely unaware that there is a problem. I am going to call them again on Monday and be a lot firmer than I was today :mad:

Thanks Denise. You are right, they should fix it up. I am not even sure for how long they knew of this because if I didn't call I would have been completely unaware that there is a problem. I am going to call them again on Monday and be a lot firmer than I was today :mad:

That just adds another layer of their mess up not yours - good luck on Monday and put on that polite but firm & I-expect-you-fix-it-now-since-you-made-a-mistake tone of voice :)