The past couple of months I've been so bored of my job. I get sad on Sunday nights when I feel like my freedom is ending for the next 5 days. It's depressing and I just can't get in to work recently.

Sometimes I sit there and hope that someone will just flip out in their office and start smashing things, or that there is a fire and we get to go home, something, anything to get some excitement or make the day end early. Sometimes when I'm listening to someone I think about doing something totally crazy like telling them "Omg! You're so stupid and I don't give a sh*T!"

It's weird because I do like my job and almost all of my coworkers. I am treated well at work, there is no drama, I'm just so sick of it! I always feel like I do the same dumb thing over and over again. I sit there and wish I was going for a jog along the water, hanging out with my husband, listening to music, out with family, taking a trip, anything! It just makes me so depressed to sit in a box all day, I feel like it eats up so much of my life.

I'm a good employee, as in I am there each day on time, I don't slack off, I go out of my way to help and pitch in when needed, and I have always gotten great performance reviews. Yet inside I'm like "fuuuuuuuu*k this!!"

I found a position at another company I might apply for. While I am qualified for it I have no idea if I can get it. Also, I feel like if I do, after a year or so I'll just feel the same way.

I'm thankful to have a job and I know I have to work, we all do, I just can't get in to the grind like other people.

• Author
Is the new job still in HR?

Yes, but recruiting based opposed to my current more general position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm a fool. I didn't apply for the position I was qualified for because I thought I would end up in the same place, bored and unhappy.

I found a different position, something I would LOVE to do. It was something I don't have much experience doing but that I know I would be great at. It was absolutely perfect and the money was great.

So I got super excited, worked on my resume, put together a great cover letter and applied last Monday.

Nothing.

I totally knew my chances were slim but I'm definitely disappointed.

I'm a fool. I didn't apply for the position I was qualified for because I thought I would end up in the same place, bored and unhappy.

I found a different position, something I would LOVE to do. It was something I don't have much experience doing but that I know I would be great at. It was absolutely perfect and the money was great.

So I got super excited, worked on my resume, put together a great cover letter and applied last Monday.

Nothing.

I totally knew my chances were slim but I'm definitely disappointed.

Don't assume they're not interested. It hasn't even been a full week yet. Sometimes employers wait to gather a lot of resumes before calling to set up interviews. One firm I interviewed with (and was ultimately offered a job with) didn't call me for almost a month after I applied. Their HR department and hiring partners were just really busy (and slow).

• Author
Don't assume they're not interested. It hasn't even been a full week yet. Sometimes employers wait to gather a lot of resumes before calling to set up interviews. One firm I interviewed with (and was ultimately offered a job with) didn't call me for almost a month after I applied. Their HR department and hiring partners were just really busy (and slow).

I'm not patient, at all. Also, it has always been my experience that when they want you they contact you quickly, it's the bad news that takes time. This is how I feel about many areas of life, from dating to employment.

Also, I know that when we are interested in someone we're to the point and communicate quickly. Though I absolutely get that some companies are slower.

I've just been frustrated, mostly with myself. I have never "gotten in to" a job before. I have never felt passionate about a job and I don't think I ever will.