how do YOU get through the Monday Blues?

It's been awhile since my last post, but I was curious for all those Monday-Friday 9-5ers get over or get through the Monday blahs. And I do understand that this is weird for me to type on a Friday night hahaha

I truly enjoy my job (I'm still new, I've been there a little over 2.5 months), but yet every Sunday night and Monday morning I get melancholy. When I am at my desk, I just reflect on all the things I did over the weekend (regardless if it was fun or not) and I just get sad. This feeling does eventually go away by lunchtime. I know this is a very common feeling to have, but I was hoping some of you might have some advice? I should add, that at my last job...I wouldn't get monday blues at all, I would just go to work and go do what I had to do. I'm thinking my problem might be a comfort issue, I am not 100% comfortable yet. I like my coworkers and I think they like me...thanks for any help.

I love my work too, so Monday are good with me as long as I get my quadruple espresso in the morning. Sounds like you're just a bit stressed by new surroundings.

Monday mornings can be tough on some people...usually those who have the luxury of not working weekends.

Unfortunately I am in an industry that requires Saturday work...and frowns on people having 2 days off in a row. Been doing this since the late 1980's.

Granted, I get a day off during the week as well as Sundays. But having only one day off at a time and basically never having consecutive days off (not to mention only having 4 recognized holidays) takes its own kind of toll.

So...Monday morning blues...really can't relate...but sure wish I could. Having weekends off would be a welcome change.

I hate my job...(it sucks)

So, I sing:

PMA

Another good day...

I love my boss and my job

I can afford corn on the cob.

Mondays are fine.

It's Fridays I can't handle, and I only work half-day Fridays.

I'm always hungover, and by then, the sleep deprivation of the workweek has caught up to me.

It takes all my effort to stay at my desk for 4.5 hours and pretend that I'm working.

You're not the only one, JohnnyCakes. Nobody at my work schedules any meetings on Monday mornings. It takes at least all morning to get back in the saddle so to speak... a kind of "recovery" from the weekend. By Monday night I am absolutely exhausted and overwhelmed... so I try not to plan anything on Monday nights either.

Tuesdays, however, are my most productive day.

It's all just part of the bump-n-grind. I simply go in on Mondays knowing I'm not going to get a lot done that day; I just try to concentrate on getting my hands around everything I have to do that week... and try to avoid setting any deadlines for the following Monday!

• 3 weeks later...
I love my work too, so Monday are good with me as long as I get my quadruple espresso in the morning.

Yep. COFFEE is the only answer to Monday.