how to deal with my ex supervisor

I am doing my masters and this guy was my direct supervisor for one whole year and is still my supervisor, but not my direct supervisor for this academic year ( thank god). He used to gently flirt with me and I used to ignore it ( i could no way confront him, as he was supposed to be evaluating my performance and i did not want to screw that up). Sometime last year, i received few painting through post from an anonymous person and i dont have anybody in this country to send gifts to me. I am new to this country( come here for higher studies) and i hardly know people here. I checked with the company which sent the pictures to me. They said it was a gift to me and they cant disclose the name of the sending person. When i was under his direct supervision he used to check me out occasionally. Now that he is not my direct supervisor he stares at me, each time he sees me, which is not that frequent. But he makes it so obvious and i think other's might know that he is staring at me. Last week he gazed into my eyes, infront of my clasmates and i am not sure if anybody else witnessed it. I am planning to ignore his advances totally. I am overwhelmed with this situation because i had asked him for a reference letter during the 1st week of july( i need 3 of those) and he is yet to make one. I need my reference letter at the earliest and i sent him a reminder email and he did not reply to that. But when he saw me few days later he just mentioned that it is taking time to make a reference letter. I need the letter and my university would not tolerate sexual harrasment in paper, but i am sure will not help me in any way if make a complaint as he is very very senior. How to handle this situation. I feel he is taking advantage of my situation. New to this country, i need his reference letter and he knows i need it badly, by not making one but not refusing to make it, he is putting pressure on me. I dont sleep around,but he knows i am single. I once told him just to distract him that i getting married very soon. But that has not stopped him from not staring at me. He does it so obviously after he is not my direct supervisor and this makes me feel like ****.