Should I "dumb down" my resume?

So, with the babies getting ever closer, it looks like I might need to abandon my hopes of getting a professional job and start looking at minimum wage gigs. What I'm wondering is would having a Master's Degree actually hurt my chances in these types of jobs because of the threat of me leaving when something better comes along?

Or, is it better to just put it all out there and hope for the best? I'm hoping someone who might have experience in hiring in these situations could add some insight as well.

If you're applying for minimum wage jobs, chances are you don't even need to show your resume. They will just expect you to fill out an application.

My last long-term boyfriend's father was in a similar situation. He was a highly educated man going through rough times, so he needed a job in anything. Several managers told him flat out they weren't going to hire him because he wasn't worth the effort of investing time training him and such, when he would likely leave once he found something better.

If this is really the route you need to go because of your situation, I would say leave your Master's out. They don't care, it's not relevant, and all it's gonna do, is make them not hire you because they KNOW you will leave once you can find something better.

Arabella