I'm 30 & really want to ask my 28 yr. old professor out some time!

Ok I'm 30 yrs old. I really like my 28 yr. old professor. He doesn't wear a ring. Going by what was available to see on his fb & myspace without sending a friend request, though I can't be sure that way, I think he's single with no kids. He hasn't been too long out of school. I, on the other hand, have 4 kids, am done DoNe DONE having kids, & am in only my second semster going for my associate. Somehow, that doesn't seem like a good mix, but for goodness sakes, the feeling of wanting to ask him out after I finish his class & being so attracted to his looks, personality, & the energy that radiates from him or his aura or wahtever you want to call it, will not go away for my sake. I've thought to myself "Hey, what's the big deal with just hanging out with him as a friend sometimes. Even though there are feelings there, we can be just friends. From what I know, he is a really cool guy." I decided to post on here to get some opinions. Anything anyone has to say will be appreciated.

Cinnamon2000
Ok I'm 30 yrs old. I really like my 28 yr. old professor. He doesn't wear a ring. Going by what was available to see on his fb & myspace without sending a friend request, though I can't be sure that way, I think he's single with no kids. He hasn't been too long out of school. I, on the other hand, have 4 kids, am done DoNe DONE having kids, & am in only my second semster going for my associate. Somehow, that doesn't seem like a good mix, but for goodness sakes, the feeling of wanting to ask him out after I finish his class & being so attracted to his looks, personality, & the energy that radiates from him or his aura or wahtever you want to call it, will not go away for my sake. I've thought to myself "Hey, what's the big deal with just hanging out with him as a friend sometimes. Even though there are feelings there, we can be just friends. From what I know, he is a really cool guy." I decided to post on here to get some opinions. Anything anyone has to say will be appreciated.

A single 28 year old professor would probably not want to be involved with a single mom who has 4 kids and not want to have any more kids with him.

It's just my opinion. Your crush could very much be very one sided.

Ask him out once you're no longer in his class - the worst he can say is no! I don't think you should get your hopes up though - Cinnamon is right, a 28yo professor is unlikely to want to be involved with a single mother of four who has no qualifications yet - he's going to want a single young professional like himself.

Cinnamon2000
Ask him out once you're no longer in his class - the worst he can say is no! I don't think you should get your hopes up though - Cinnamon is right, a 28yo professor is unlikely to want to be involved with a single mother of four who has no qualifications yet - he's going to want a single young professional like himself.

Stating the universally accepted theory of obviousness. :cool:

dreamingoftigers

I would ask, it does no harm and who knows what he is up for. A 28 year old guy may be just what you need. I am turning 28 myself next week and have developed a bit more of an open-minded attitude to possibly getting together with a single parent in the future.

since you're in his class, I see no harm in asking

If she's still in his class, he won't be allowed to date her anyway. He could only consider it once she's no longer in his class, and even then it's a bit dodgy. Universities have strict policies about this sort of thing: staff aren't allowed to fraternise with students.

Cinnamon2000

If I were you, this is what I would do:

1) Add him as a friend on face book. This way, you can ensure that he is indeed single and also find out more about him.

2) Send him few messages through facebook asking questions. Don't get personal yet, just some questions related to class, the school, etc.

3) While asking these questions and he is responsive, throw in a flirtatious line or two and see his response. If he is ignoring it, you know he is not interested. Back off. If he flirts back, continue with the flirting. When at that point, report back to me and I'll guide you to the next step.

:cool:

IronMaiden

Do what you want, but I think you are putting him in an awkward position given the professor/student role. It is frowned upon..

She said she was going to wait til class is over.

Why not just invite him to lunch. Lunches are safe. Tell him about yourself. Then just be honest and tell him what you told us. (unless you'll be taking another class from him)

Cinnamon2000

Why not just invite him to lunch. Lunches are safe. Tell him about yourself. Then just be honest and tell him what you told us. (unless you'll be taking another class from him)

Lunch is not safe if he is a married man.

IronMaiden

Doesn't matter. Still not kosher. She is a student at the university, and he is a prof there, and they met when she was his student. If he's smart, he'll stay away from this mare's nest of protocol breaching. Not cool.

• Author

Well, I added him on fb. I made sure he knew I didn't know policy but did know fb is social networking & that if the request was denied another one would not be sent. I'm not gonna flirt with him while I'm in his class. I'm happy we're fb friends though. :-) Thanks for the responses y'all