I Want to Break Free...

SlightlyMad

I seriously cannot stand my boss, she really needs to go or I might have to quit. Bear with me as these are my rants:

• When she is critical of someone's performance, she publicly embarrasses the worker in front of everyone.
  • Gossips and makes fun of her employees behind their backs.
  • Rather complain about poor performers instead of actually doing something about them.
  • Complains that people goof off, but then goofs off too.
  • Pits one employee against another.
  • NEVER gives recognition or praise (When she does, it's clearly forced)...she feels if she doesn't get recognized, we shouldn't either.
  • Scoffs and gets sarcastic when a member of our team gets recognized by a higher up, she makes it seem the recognition is undeserving.
  • Perpetually is late to work and meetings.
  • When she gets stressed out (Which is A LOT), she takes it out on us.
  • Has a genuine bad attitude to managers above her.
  • Plays the poor me routine with almost everything or when something doesn't go her way.
  • Inconsistent with punishment, (She lectures about when people go to lunch at the wrong time (Noon), then proceeds to go to lunch at noon a day later)
  • Feels it's necessary to be hands off when work gets backed up citing that it's not her responsibility to do such and she's there to delegate. (Mind you there are people above her that help out)

The latest includes today. A good friend of mine recently was offered an awesome new job. His last day was today. Since he put in his two wks she has been giving him attitude and for lack of better term, bitch work. It's almost as if she's punishing him for getting a better job. Anyway, a few of his friends who were off, stopped by to say good bye and wish him luck. He spoke to them for about 10 minutes and took two pictures of them with his cell phone. He must have uploaded the pics to facebook, because I noticed our boss's status, it reads and I quote:

So, it's nice to see that while some people were working and getting things accomplished, others were busy with picture time.

Real passive aggressive, right? If she had a problem with it...she should have just said it right then and there, instead of waiting until she got home to safety of her computer.

Now, I know he should have been working, but she goofs off and slacks off more than all of us combined. (Probably thinks she's entitled to)

Keep in mind, my friend has put in EIGHT YEARS of hard work at this place where he has covered for her and made her look good millions of times and never once looked to get credit. Did she thank him for all of his hard work? Nope. Did she wish him good luck? Nope, she said, "He'll be back in 3 months." Are you f**king kidding me? This was his send off for taking TWO fricking pictures? I have a belief that she has always been jealous of my friend because he is real popular with everyone, from the highest levels of management to the lowest on the totem pole. Everybody loves him. Almost to the point where they would go to him about the goings on of the day before our actual boss, because her chronic bad attitude would prevent anyone from talking to her. Two people already have left our team a few weeks ago, and I might do the same. But, in the interim...how do i handle this? I can only bite my tongue for so long. :mad:

ShadowBlue

WOW. Talk about the lowest of the low. Usually, karma has a good habit of taking care of these kinds of people so if you don't have a necessity to find something else, I'd ride it out and wait until they fire her. I'm sure with her level of constant bitchery and hypocrisy there have been enough complaints about her by others.

• 2 weeks later...
CakeEatersWife

How awful for the employee moral. She sounds just like a boss I had that used to single me out for public humiliation. She would sometimes apologize behind closed doors to cover her backside in case I complained.

The one I worked for also played favorites in a very bad way. I did all I could to make sure my work was above and beyond. My co-worker, the boss's best friend, did the same job, but wasn't as focused as I was. When it came time for my evaluation, she said she was sorry she couldn't give me the highest percentage increased because she "just can't do that for every employee" and there were others that had already gotten the highest (meaning her best friend and another sycophant), so I would have to settle for a "3" instead of a "5".

Could not WAIT to leave that job. I was so glad when I transferred to another state. I would have gone nowhere with that boss.

PS - any chance your boss is named Lynne? Your description sounds so much like her, its uncanny.