Are there any veterinarians out there?

I have a few questions about the occupation and schooling. If this applies to you, please shoot me a message. Thanks a lot.

Peaceful Guy
I have a few questions about the occupation and schooling. If this applies to you, please shoot me a message. Thanks a lot.

im not a vet, but i did work at an animal hospital for a bit.. here's what ive got.. there's the vets assistants, then the vet techs, then the doctors, and the owner of the practice. assistants need minimal school and a love of animals.. vet techs go to college and administer medicine and are better paid (enough to live comfortably hopefully), and the docs do very well. the owner and doctors set the mood of the place, be it kind and caring, or money oriented.. and it makes a big difference. schooling for vet techs is available at community colleges.. don't know about becoming the full doctor. :)

melodymatters

I used to bring my pups to the university of Gainesville animal hospital, and spent a lot of time talking to the docs and students there.

One needs a BS with a math/science or zoology major, and then vet school is another three years. I looked at their text books and it is very similar to what human doctors need to know.

Average pay is around 60-80k. Probably more if you own your own practice of course.

They were all super people, and if you love animals, and have the time and brains, why not ?