Birthday gift for the boss ideas

SadandConfusedWA

My boss is turning 40 soon and I am going to be in charge of getting him a present from our team. Everyone wants to contribute and we will get him a group card too. But I, nor anyone else don't know what to get him.

One of my ideas was a nice bottle of wine but I am not sure if he prefers white or red (although I can ask his closest friend). What do you guys get your bosses? He is extremly generous and kind to us all so he deserves something nice :)

laRubiaBonita

does he golf? y'all could get him a round at a nice course- maybe with a lunch thrown in.

or tickets to a sporting event or concert.....

My big boss is a big scotch fan, so I'd get him a nice bottle of that.

Wine always works too. When in doubt, go red and Cab.

Buy him a 40 year old bottle of port.

The sentiment will be clear, it can be found at a reasonable or extravagant price , every home should have some, and if it isnt opened can age nicely for years and remembered.

• 1 month later...

yep, this is the guy who is a thorn in your side for his inappropriate behavior.

let someone else in the office pick out and pay for the gift/card.

become unconcerned about anything that has to do with him. THAT will be progress for yourself.

• Author
SadandConfusedWA
You said he is an ass and you don't have a crush on him anymore, and now this? :confused::eek:

So now I am being "semi stalked". :rolleyes:

He was useful to me professionaly and I have mostly been helped by him. Someone can me a great boss on a professional level and still an a$$ on a personal one. Now I think that he had ulterior motives for helping me. Lots of new information has come to light in the past month or so too. He has also canceled a couple of short courses that I was supposed to go on this year AFTER I refused to share the acc with him. He is now becoming an a$$ both professonaly and personally.

He has had affairs with other women (at least one confirmed). There are other things too but I won't get into them hence my pig comment in the other thread.

Disillusioned

There's a really good one that I've have sent to my boss, but only after I quit the company. It's a horse's a$$ award---an honest-to-God gold-plated, plastic horse's butt standing atop the 2 hind legs, on a little wooden stand. :lmao: The best part is, so many former employees hate his guts, his suspects would number in the dozens! :laugh:

• Author
SadandConfusedWA
There's a really good one that I've have sent to my boss, but only after I quit the company. It's a horse's a$$ award---an honest-to-God gold-plated, plastic horse's butt standing atop the 2 hind legs, on a little wooden stand. :lmao: The best part is, so many former employees hate his guts, his suspects would number in the dozens! :laugh:

Ha, I would honestly be happy to just never have any contact with this guy again once I leave this job.

Now I think that he had ulterior motives for helping me. Lots of new information has come to light in the past month or so too. He has also canceled a couple of short courses that I was supposed to go on this year AFTER I refused to share the acc with him. He is now becoming an a$$ both professonaly and personally.

Oh man.... Are you in Australia, do I recall? I don't know what your employment laws are like down there, but wow... I would think that professional retaliation for turning down an obviously sexual request would be a slam dunk for some kind of action. Is your employer large enough to have a human resources department (or person)?

MinstrelsKiss
Buy him a 40 year old bottle of port.

The sentiment will be clear, it can be found at a reasonable or extravagant price , every home should have some, and if it isnt opened can age nicely for years and remembered.

I really like this idea. It conveys a lot like:

- You only get better with age

- He'll use it for special occasion

- It'll stay in a space in his home to be remembered

I like it :)

Nice one 2sure.

Ha, I would honestly be happy to just never have any contact with this guy again once I leave this job.

why don't you get him one of those nice $150 pens and a pair of scissors for him to cut his scrotum nose hairs with

have another employee get an overnight stay to a nice local hotel. present it to him AND his wife as his gift.

that should send a message.

have another employee get an overnight stay to a nice local hotel. present it to him AND his wife as his gift.

you think a Motel 8 would be nice enough?

you think a Motel 8 would be nice enough?

motel 8 - motel 6 = good enough IF he's planning to take his OW there at lunchtime instead of his wife for the weekend...