Annoying Neighbor

This is really just a rant/vent than anything else.

So, a good work friend of mine resigned 2 or so months ago. She was my buddy, and was in the office next to mine. I was really sad to see her go.

Her office was filled yesterday by an associate from the floor above me. I'm not entirely sure why they moved him down here, other than the office space itself is larger and has a better view. But I liked having him up there, as opposed to down here, because he is A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. He smokes and wears WAY too much cheap cologne (puts more on every time he comes back from a smoke), is loud, lazy, a know-it-all, always has some negative comment to share, works with his feet up on his desk, is an adulterer (proven fact, with someone from another office in the same building)... and he's just creepy.

:sick:

Y'all know me, so I'm sure you know that I have a very hard time being pleasant to this guy's face... :lmao:

• Author

No worries, chica. I've been in your shoes before. I'm lucky where I am now, as there's only one guy on my floor who'd ever really monitor my comings and goings, and he'd have nothing but nice things to say! :bunny: I'm in the good vibe place now. In all honesty, my heart palpitates a little each time I have to go upstairs! :laugh:

I could go off about this guy who's the subject of this thread, really. But I'm afraid of divulging too much info. So I'll just leave it at this: He's a jackarse, both inside and outside the courtroom.

And I can totally relate about the assistant thing. I finally have mine doing things the way I want, but she works for another partner too who totally monopolizes her. For the past 2 weeks, I've felt assistant-less... maddening!AND THEN he accuses ME of giving her a court filing "last minute" (that's been ready to go on her desk for DAYS!!!) simply because HE is the one behind the ball and drafting a damn motion the hour it's due and needs her to drop my work to do his! (You know how it can go, I'm sure! :laugh:)

Wow, that vent felt good! :lmao:

• Author
well he must be doing a good job if he got a bigger office with a better view

Truth be told, he's here next to me so I can watch him. :o

• Author

OMG, I can smell my neighbor from my office! I got here an hour before he did, and I haven't left my desk since... and yet I know he's here because I can SMELL his horrid cologne! I seriously have a headache!!! :mad:

OMG don't start with the assistant thing!! I had to share my old secretary with a partner too - it was as good as not having a secretary! She was a total cow, one of those older holier than thou types who'd been at the firm for 100 years and didn't want to work for someone in their 20s. She'd always put my work at the bottom of the pile and acted so sanctimoniously about the work she did for the partner, like her work for him was so important she couldn't possibly ever get to mine. I ended up getting one of the paralegals to do most of my admin stuff because I was sick of her attitude and nothing was getting done. :mad:

I have my own secretary now. Even though she is a complete halfwit, at least I get her all to myself and she can't dodge tasks. And one of the good things is that because she's younger she does personal errands for me without knowing that it's not exactly firm policy to have to do that stuff, haha! I am so lording it. :cool:

I would love to have an assistant all to myself. Sadly, that's not typical in my part of the country.

I really love my assistant - she's great, when she's able to focus on MY work. She just gets sucked up into other projects.

But I will admit that I've probably been a little too chummy with her over the past year, because when I have to put the smack down I get a lot of push back from her that she wouldn't give someone else who she wasn't so friendly with. But it's hard to backtrack now...

CollectiveVelvet
I officially have a migraine from this arsehole's cologne.

:sick:

Ugh, that's the worst. Maybe you could try to out scent him?

• Author
Yeah, this is a difficult balance to strike, isn't it. I was way too friendly with my last secretary, and all I got in return was attitude. I also stupidly confided in her about a personal matter and within a week everyone else on the floor also knew about it. I got her back in my own way, but it was still annoying.

With my new secretary I've tried to keep it as professional as possible (although it's hard when you're working long hours and emotions are all over the shop!).

Yup, been there... done that... all of it.

• Author

God, this guy is such a snarky arse to people on the phone! And from what I gather, his attitude is totally unjustified!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you can complain about his extensive use of colonge..... Most employee handbooks have something to the effect of wearing perfumes and colonges as not to choke or offend other workers or customers.

Grab your handbook :)

Also his general lackadasical attitude with his smurky attitude and feet on the desk first day tells me he is a lazy bum.

Very annoying.

My younger sister's former neighbor harassed her to the point where she moved. He still bothers her on occasion and she's thought about moving but won't because she's worked too hard to live there.

Friend is married to the Chief of Police in his town, so bases are covered.

As long as this guy doesn't go out of his way to bother you then you just have to view him as a nuisance. I'm sure he has feelings though....so don't be too tough on him. ;)