LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Withdrew recommendation


Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 26th February 2010, 11:22 PM   #1
Established Member
 
SarahRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,262
Withdrew recommendation

Why would someone who wrote you a glowing recommendation on a professional networking site withdraw it several months later after you left the company?

What would you do about it if anything?

Ignore it? Call them up and ask them why? Remove them from the social networking site?

The person was a former boss and always loved my work. I left the company and moved on and recently got a big promotion.
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,539
why not

Why not just call them and ask why?

Were you working for this person at the time you quit? Or were you working for someone else at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Why would someone who wrote you a glowing recommendation on a professional networking site withdraw it several months later after you left the company?

What would you do about it if anything?

Ignore it? Call them up and ask them why? Remove them from the social networking site?

The person was a former boss and always loved my work. I left the company and moved on and recently got a big promotion.
mem11363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 3:05 AM   #3
Established Member
 
SarahRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by mem11363 View Post
Why not just call them and ask why?

Were you working for this person at the time you quit? Or were you working for someone else at the time?
I was working for them and then gave them my notice and a couple of weeks later they wrote the recommendation for me and told me if I ever needed a reference he would be one. I didn't use him for a reference as he tends to undermine people behind their back.

So I moved on to my new job and got a promotion and posted my new position on the site and that is when I discovered he withdrew the recommendation.
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 7:10 AM   #4
Established Member
 
OpenBook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Deep South
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
I didn't use him for a reference as he tends to undermine people behind their back.
Well, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about that.

It was probably a blessing that he DID withdraw the recommendation. It's easy for a potential employer (or anyone else) to look up his company's phone# and call him up, just from that online recommendation. It happened to me just the other day on a recommendation I did for a former co-worker (a headhunter called me about him at my new workplace!!).
__________________
"I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue." -Albert Einstein
OpenBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 4:06 PM   #5
Established Member
 
SarahRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenBook View Post
Well, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about that.

It was probably a blessing that he DID withdraw the recommendation. It's easy for a potential employer (or anyone else) to look up his company's phone# and call him up, just from that online recommendation. It happened to me just the other day on a recommendation I did for a former co-worker (a headhunter called me about him at my new workplace!!).

Good point. I should just delete him from my contacts as really he isn't the kind of person I want to associate with.
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
recommendation for websites? firehawk_1 Dating 0 15th September 2009 7:47 PM
I withdrew from her and now she wont speak to me screwedup&regretful Breaks and Breaking Up 7 19th January 2009 7:03 PM
Book Recommendation CallMeCrazy The Other Man / Woman 28 8th July 2008 7:14 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 6:48 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.