LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

How to prepare for an interview.

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 14th February 2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
How to prepare for an interview.

I have an academic interview coming up, for a tenure-tracked position. I think some of you work in university settings. Any tips on how to prepare for the interview?

They require one presentation (my thesis topic, phew!), meeting with the committee, meeting with the Dean, meeting with the students.

Yes, I'm hyperventilating.
Old 14th February 2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Established Member

I don't work in that setting Kam- but my dad was a Dean for many years (in Medicine)- I can ask him for some tips, expectations, etc.
D-Lish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lish View Post
I don't work in that setting Kam- but my dad was a Dean for many years (in Medicine)- I can ask him for some tips, expectations, etc.
That would be great D! I just found out via email. I'm excited and super nervous at the same time.
Kamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Established Member

When is the interview?
You're welcome to PM me some more details and then I can ask him.

That's great news!
D-Lish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 12:40 AM   #5
Established Member

It's in a couple of weeks. It is great news. I'm excited. Time to finally sit down and brainstorm course syllabi. (I often walk around thinking to myself: if I were to teach this subject matter, here is how I would teach it).

I will pm you more info about the position.
Kamille is offline   Reply With Quote