LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Friend doesn't see the big picture

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 11th February 2010, 1:15 AM   #1
Established Member

Friend doesn't see the big picture

Ok, so my buddy barges in on me last night, ranting and raving about how he wants to use his camcorder to film a video or two to help promote my novel. Fine with me, but I started feeling pissed off because he comes up with all these ideas but then he gets side-tracked by piddly things which don't do much to pay his bills.

I think one of his big problems is, he doesn't think big. When he was through ranting and raving, I didn't get mad... instead I told him "look, you're always pissing and moaning about never having enough money, so instead of just helping me, why don't you talk to some people in the writers' group I joined after last Christmas, and offer to film promo vids for THEIR novels too?"

It took a couple seconds for the neurons to fire up, but he finally understood.
Disillusioned is offline   Reply With Quote