I want to leave..they want to give me more money

IhavenoFREAKINclue

So I told my 2 boss' the other day that I'm thinking of going to school in Sept. I said i was going to take the placement testing on Monday but I still have time to decide whether or not I'm going to leave OR work part time here still. SO i get taken aside from one boss whose got more money in the company and he says to me " If its money name your price" "If you don't want to do what you do anymore, I'll move you up" (I'm assuming to a cushy desk job) I don't really know what I want to go to school for yet but I'm 25 and don't want to regret not going. But than again the reason I want to go to school is to make more money. Which I will get here. I don't LOVE what I do so moving up and not doing it anymore is nice. Overseeing day to day operation does not seem all that bad to me. HELP!

you NEED to be happy with what you do for a living - afterall - this is your life, and we only get so much time to make what we can of it. Work is a large portion of our lives, and you can't discount the importance of making sure you are working towards goals that give you satisfaction with this portion of it.

I can't tell you what to do, as you know your situation better than anyone else, just remember (as i've seen people do this before) that the working dynamics and perception of you WILL probably change with your emplyees and bosses, because you took the blood money.

Ask yourself this question "If I was so valuable and capable of this promotion, why didn't they offer it before I told them I was leaving?" Were they going to just continue to take advantage of you and not rise you up? or, because you called them on it, were they forced to do the right thing that they may have drug their feet for years to keep from doing?

Business is very much a game, and it all depends on how deeply you want to play it. I caution you against going with what is not in your heart :)

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue
This is what happened to me few months ago.

I took more money and stayed :cool:

Are you happy with your decision?

SadandConfusedWA
Are you happy with your decision?

Yes and no.

I didn't 100% make up my mind to leave when more money was offered to me. I had a job interview at another company, my boss found out about it somehow, called me into his office and offered more money and more varied projects.

I still plan to leave within the next year.