I think I might have done it!!!!

An interview that I went on for a very high paying position might actually hire me!!!! They called my references and actually told my one coworker that they were trying to get me on board as fast as they can!!! I hope that's a good sign!!! What do you think?

I'll keep everybody updated! :D

A good sign??? That's a GREAT sign! Whenever I call someone's references, I'm VERY serious about hiring them. Otherwise, I don't waste my time. I think you're in but, of course, nothing's certain until you get THE phone call, right? Very, very promising, though. Keep us posted!

An interview that I went on for a very high paying position might actually hire me!!!! They called my references and actually told my one coworker that they were trying to get me on board as fast as they can!!! I hope that's a good sign!!! What do you think?

I'll keep everybody updated! :D

God Bess,and I hope you get the job but inside how on a scale from 10 to ten you going t get it?? I pray a 10 YAAAAAA F@#$^&* HOOOOOO

BEST WISHES,AND ALL LUCK FROM ME

• Author

So I have not received a job offer yet, but the company did call me to tell me that they checked out all 3 of my references and they sent me for a drug test and a TB test yesterday. It was one of those hair drug tests also which are not cheap. I figure they are probably going to make me an offer, as they wouldn't go throw all that expense of giving me tests if they didn't! Right?

curiousnycgirl

Sounds like you are very close to an offer, but if you have other interviews scheduled, don't cancel them yet.

I agree most companies don't bother with a drug test until they have down selected to the last candidate, but you don't want to jinx it.

Meanwhile I'll continue to keep everything crossed for you!

So I have not received a job offer yet, but the company did call me to tell me that they checked out all 3 of my references and they sent me for a drug test and a TB test yesterday. It was one of those hair drug tests also which are not cheap. I figure they are probably going to make me an offer, as they wouldn't go throw all that expense of giving me tests if they didn't! Right?

Sounds very good - crossing my fingers for you. I read your threads, you've been through some tough times - I hope you score this job, and do well at it :)

• Author
Sounds VERY promising, LB!! Any update?! :bunny:

Nope, not update yet except that they are probably waiting for my drug test to come back. Hopefully they will make me an offer when it does though!!!

• Author
If a company sends you for a drug screen you are basically hired (baring a positive result)..Congrats!

The drug test will be negative, I'm clean!! LOL

Thanks, I'm just nervous that I haven't heard back yet. They have not even really told me I am going to be hired pending the drug test they just told me I had to get one. I am feeling anxious and a little worried that somehow this will fall through and I will get screwed. I just want a job so bad!

Sorry for my rambling! :o

• Author
That's good news LB!:)

Thanks!

I hope I like the job, my biggest fear is that I will really hate the job and be miserable. I loved my old job so much, it's almost like going through a breakup!

Thanks!

I hope I like the job, my biggest fear is that I will really hate the job and be miserable. I loved my old job so much, it's almost like going through a breakup!

Well, if you don't like it, you can keep looking for something else and not have to worry about money in the meantime.

When I lost my business I went from rolling in money one year to rolling change just to feed myself the next. I was lucky to have my parents house to move back to in order to re-group and get my life back on track.

Life is too short to be miserable in your job.

Getting hired after a let down can be a real confidence booster.

I'm happy for you:)