I'm not sure what topic I should post this thread under, but this will do.

I just graduated college. Yippie! Well, not quite. I did 3 6-month internships during school to gain experience and connections. These positions also allowed me to support myself year round. Unfortunately, due to layoffs and hiring freezes, I could not get hired into any of these companies. Due to the economy, I could not find a position anywhere else (within my field.)

Right now, I am doing a part time day job, and I am searching for a part time night job. (minimum wage, nothing special) It's barely enough to get by, I have lots of student loans and credit card debt to pay off, and I don't have the luxery of living with or getting help from parents.

Any advice on coping during the period of unemployment after college?

don't give up hope, keep your options open and don't sell out and do something that goes against your principals.

a friend of mine from college bartended, saying it's a pretty good way of finding work. Not sure about what kind of hours someone would have to work because situations would vary (night clubs versus restaurants versus catering), but it might be a way to pull together some good money.

jessicakicksbut

What is your field? Are there any subfields of that profession that you will be able to acquire a job in, if not for the pay, at least for the experience if the pay is minimial?

ThisGirlNameKD

Are you willing to relocate? Sometimes you may not be able to find work in your field in the area or state that you live in, and you may have to move elsewhere.