LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Really creepy nasty coworker! me on ! :(

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 30th December 2009, 9:13 PM   #1
Established Member

Exclamation Really creepy nasty coworker! me on ! :(

So, a year ago I sat by this really fat, disgusting, weird guy for a month or two. He is really gross but I was nice to him anyway. Let's call him Jim.

Jim discovered I was an atheist, and he is an atheist too, so immediately he's pegged me as some sort of "kin" and started talking to me all the time. I didn't mind too much, because it mostly was just him sending me funny emails.

I started going out with a guy in our office, Ryan. We are still together. When I started dating Ryan, I told my fellow coworkers (including Jim) that we were going out. Jim said, "Eww, he is a dork!..." and then he said something that really disturbed me... "Finally at least someone can dust off your unused vagina!"

SICK!

Then he saw Ryan in the bathroom and he said, "Saw your boyfriend in the bathroom...wow! CONGRATULATIONS!" (Obviously referring to the size of his genitals.)

Now I have moved desks far across the (very, very large) room. Every day, Jim comes to my desk, and leans over my desk, on every single lunch and break that he has! I completely ignore him, and just stare at my computer, but he continues to bother me. Lately it's gotten worse, and I've resorted to looking around every 10 minutes to see if he's coming, and if he is, I hide at an absent person's cubicle.

Today was the last straw...a pretty girl with rather large breasts was sitting by me, because I was training her. Jim came thundering by, leaned over my desk again. I told the girl to ignore him, so we did. After she left, he came back and said, "Who was Tits McGee???"

Very inappropriate and disgusting!

I am disturbed by this, and he is really disgusting me. What do you guys think I should do?? I can't keep hiding in my coworker's cubicles for 10 minutes at a time, it's hurting my work time!

Thanks!
Ophelia Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 9:15 PM   #2
Established Member

Do not tolerate this. Speak to your boss and let them know what this creep is doing.

- Richard Dawkins
anne1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 9:19 PM   #3

I agree with Anne. Report, and do NOT tolerate or appear to be agreeing in any manner that his language or behavior is acceptable. Its not. Speak up.
Tayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 6:48 PM   #4
Established Member

Red face

I can see 3 instances where this may border on sexual harassment....

The comment of the guy in the bathroom's genetalia

The comment about your dried up used vagina.

And third comment of the girls breasts.

My understanding is that if you witness and are offended whether it be directed to you or not , it is considered harassment of some form.

I don't know alot of women who sit around saying " God I hate men. I would love to rub their testicles in honey and feed them to the ants. " mary3
Mary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 3:38 AM   #5

You can either warn him to cool it or report it to your boss. there are very strict laws about sexual harassment, and that guy is skating on very thin ice.

Last edited by Mapleleaf; 1st January 2010 at 3:56 AM..
Mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 10:05 PM   #6
Established Member

LOL - that was funny!

but really, he should have used "Titsy McClure"
SincereOnlineGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 6:30 AM   #7
faf

It doesn't border on sexual harassment, it is sexual harassment - at least in my state (WI). Talk to your supervisor.
faf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 6:40 AM   #8
Established Member

Gross. Tell your boss.
Awesome Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 9:57 AM   #9

You were friendly with him before this started hapening. You should say something to him first "you really bother me with the inaproapriate things you say and do please don't talk or come near me anymore"... then at that point if he doesn't stop go to HR or your boss
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 5:08 PM   #10
Established Member

I'd suggest talking to him first before going to your boss. Be clear and direct and tell him what you want to have happen, ie, don't talk to me at all or whatever. Don't be "nice" at all.

Scott
Scottdmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 8:17 AM   #11

Creep Needs Phsyco Therapy

Girl you dont need put up with that kind of garbage. let your boss know about his harrasment. Get proof with a video cam on your computer or a tape recorder and give a copy to your employer. ( keep a copy 4 your self ). This guy needs professional help. Wish i could say pray about it but you said you have no one to pray to
Brian Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 2:48 PM   #12
Established Member

Anybody who talked to me like that would only do it once. You need to tell him that you don't like men talking to you in that way. If you can't tell him to your face, then send him an email. Tell him that it's offensive to you and that you'd like for him to stop. Also, when he comes to your desk, let him know you're busy and don't have time to talk. "I really don't have time right now," is an easy out. If he continues to talk in that way to you or bother you at your desk, then go to your boss about it. This is completely ridiculous behavior. People in our company would be fired for talking to co-workers this way.
Angel1111 is offline   Reply With Quote